Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Afrin, the Warehouse Supervisor reports technically to the Pharmacy Manager,Antakya and reports directly to the Program Medical Manager,Afrin.
- Warehouse supervisor will be responsible for Warehouse assistants.
- Warehouse supervisor oversees the stock management of the DDD pharmacy, and of the management of any drug/supply/equipment donations
- Warehouse supervisor oversees training of DDD team for stock management
- Any request in link with pharmacy
- Reports of medical stock cards
- In charge of the monthly medical inventory (physical counts).
- Keeps pharmacy records.
- Receives and prepares the order of the medicines and medical supplies needed in the pharmacy.
- Receives request and daily/weekly consumption from DDD PHC and mobile team.
- Prepares with validation of Antakya pharmacy manager weekly order to be sent to DDD PHC and Mobile team.
- Ensures that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Ensures that the pharmacy refrigerator is functioning properly and alert the logistics if there is any problem.
- Makes sure that the temperature in the stock is OK for drugs.
- Work closely with logistic and medical team in Syria and Turkey.
- The warehouse supervisor is involved in this component of the project and will have to follow guidelines and procedures
- Store the kits in proper condition
- Prepare donation and give it to partner after taking validation from.
- Report to line manager and technical manager on bi-weekly basis the number of the kits that are still in the warehouse.
- Supervises technically the pharmacist assistants of the PHCs in Afrin or related field.
- Keep DDD team informed on any logistical issues.
- Report any security related issues to the pharmacist supervisor and to the Medical Supervisor.
- Supporting operational organization of field trips and DDD programs/activities.
- Any other task requested by his/her supervisor.
- Provide regular reporting on your activities to your Line-Manager upon his/her solicitation
- Provide your line-manager with a Handover Report at the end of your contract.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Pharmacist Degree.
- Experience of more than three years similar positions.
- Personal skills required:
- Required: Arabic and English (oral and written);
- Preferred: Turkish
IT & Equipment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft package and data entry;
Intellectual & Physical
- Analytical thinking to evaluate different approaches/solutions for a specific environment
- Decision-making skills for acting on policies and strategies;
- Initiative and problem-solving ability;
Strategic and Long-Term Impact
- Creativity and the ability to think strategically;
Communication & Information flow
- Listening skills;
- Written and spoken communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels;
General Qualities required:
- Empathy for people facing difficult situations;
- Time Management skills;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 01/12/2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-İZMİR
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR - İZMİR
- MEDICAL SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- TRANSLATOR - ISTANBUL
- PROJECT REGISTRAR - SULTANGAZİ
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR-ISTANBUL
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT OFFICER-FATİH
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-FATİH
- PROJECT PSS COUNSELLOR - ANTAKYA
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR-ANTAKYA
- PROJECT PHC OFFICER-FATİH
- SENIOR FINANCE COORDINATOR-İSTANBUL