Warehouse keeper (Ref: 2020-5)
|Mercy-USA For Aid And Development INC Türkiye Temsilciliği||Hatay|
Position/Job Title: Warehouse keeper
Report to: Supply Logistic Officer (During the 3-month probationary period)
Department Name: logistic Department
Expected Start Date: 15/07/2020
Office Location: Mercy-USA office in Antakya, Hatay South Turkey
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the Mercy-USA warehouse(s).
- Oversee incoming shipments of food commodities from supplier/s at the warehouse under the supervision of the Logistics Officer.
- Document all warehouse receiving and shipping movements
- Maintain appropriate conditions in the warehouse for food storage
- Applying First in First Out (FIFO) Approach in stock management.
- Manage warehouse guard in the warehouse.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity paper trial recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Advise the Supply Chain officer/manager for warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Ensure goods and equipment are signed for received on the request form or waybill.
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the supply logistic officer to reconcile the warehouse register in the asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the supply logistic officer in a timely manner.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- University degree
- At least 2 years’ experience in related field
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in warehouse management.
- Good command of the English and Turkish language
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel and Word)
- Corporate Competencies:
- Demonstrate integrity and respect to Mercy-USA values and mission
- Display cultural, religious, racial, gender, age and nationality sensitivity and adaptability along with respect to all
- Promote vision, mission and strategic plan of Mercy-USA.
- An honest team-player with strong interpersonal skills
- Functional Competencies:
- Accurately completes and organizes multiple tasks by taking into account priorities and deadlines along with potential interruptions
- Ability to identify program challenges and plan and communicate alternatives for smooth implementation of programs
- Builds and establishes proper and organized relationships with management, staff, partners and IP’s as required
- Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Ability to familiarize with new areas and people
- Ability to deal with day-to-day stresses, complaints and field level security concerns that may arise
- Ability to use tools provided with little direction
- Ability to build new relations with individuals on the field in a comfortable and safe way
- Ability to differentiate between personal and business relations on the field
- Self-motivated, quick learner with an initiative to perform well and beyond expectations
- Calm and well-mannered under pressure
- Quick response to urgent requests for information
- Takes and responds well to feedback
- Open to opposing and various opinions
- Energetic and positive about the work being conducted
- on results and meeting deadlines
Submission Deadline: July 8th, 2020
Please send your expression of interest along with a resume to our email adress.
Please make sure to include the position title in your email subject.
No phone calls please, Short-listed individuals will be contacted within a few days of deadline.