Crisis Group is offering an excellent learning opportunity for recent graduates of political science, conflict studies or international relations who are interested in Turkish foreign and domestic politics. In this role you will deepen your knowledge on the critical issues in Turkish politics and learn what goes into producing Crisis Group’s reports. You will be also observing, contributing to and providing feedback on our work as a member of the Türkiye Team.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has knowledge and interest in Turkish domestic and foreign policy issues and plans to pursue a career in conflict studies. Candidates would need excellent English and Turkish, and academic writing skills.
This is a volunteer position starting in December 2023/January 2024. The intern will work on a remote basis reporting to the Türkiye/Cyprus Director and Senior Analyst.
- Research support particularly on Turkish foreign policy as well as internal security/conflict issues, regional/geostrategic developments, Cyprus and other areas as needed;
- Review of Turkish and international press;
- Provide assistance in reporting/drafting on conflicts/issues followed by the Istanbul field office;
- Assist in the preparation of advocacy materials, including conference presentations;
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Degree in political science, conflict studies, international relations or similar;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English and Turkish;
- Knowledge of and interest in Turkish domestic/foreign policy issues;
- Experience in an international environment/NGO desirable.
The closing date for applications is 10 December 2023
Application link: https://jobs.crisisgroup.org/o/volunteer-intern-turkiye-project-1
International Crisis Group
Crisis Group çalışmaları, saha araştırmalarına dayanmaktadır. Çatışma ve şiddetin olduğu veya beklendiği ülke ve bölgelerde siyasi analistlerden oluşan ekipleri bulunmaktadır. Kuruluş, söz konusu alanlarda birinci elden temin ettiği bilgiyi, tecrübeye dayalı değerlendirmelerle destekleyerek hazırladığı analitik raporları uluslararası alanda etkili karar mekanizmalarına sunarak, isabetli karar vermelerini sağlayacak önerilerde bulunmaktadır.