MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Volunteer Officer at our office in Akatlar, Istanbul.
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: . 10 months
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Child Center through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and finally, through its Volunteer Program Maya provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
About Volunteer Program
Volunteering promotes trust and reciprocity. It encourages people to be responsible towards other members of their community and provides them with an environment where they can learn the duties of democratic involvement. As Maya Foundation, we believe that our capacity and effectiveness is directly related to the ability to mobilize, manage and strengthen volunteers across the communities that we serve. This, in turn, relies on the values and attitudes that we represent when we approach communities to inspire them to volunteer.
- Assisting the development of volunteer trainings, training materials and all other content related to the volunteer program.
- Assisting the organization of field activities and other activities and projects targeted for volunteers.
- Assisting the initiation of national and international partnerships and conducting desk research on best practices in volunteering.
- Assisting the budgeting and other financial processes of the volunteer program.
- Assisting the outreach activities to attract volunteers and assisting the management of volunteer orientation, motivation and supervision processes.
- Assisting the coordination of volunteers in field activities.
- Managing the volunteer database.
- Archiving all visibility materials (photos, videos, posters etc.) and assisting the management of the social media account.
- Collecting and registering all required documents by volunteers (ID information, criminal record etc.)
- Ensuring timely and quality reporting to donors.
- Undergraduate degree in sociology, social work, psychology, psychological counselling and guidance and related fields.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Experience in activity management, community engagement and volunteer coordination.
- At least one year experience in a similar role. Experience in working with I/NGOs in Turkey and working with refugee communities is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Turkish. Excellent command of written and spoken English is a must. Ability to speak Arabic is a plus.
- Ability to be flexible, work in a fluid context and adaptation for unexpected situations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and flexibility to work with different projects and different stakeholders.
- Ability to produce high quality content with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be an analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
How to apply: Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by November 22th, 2019.