Vacancy Announcement: Health Advisor based in Gaziantep (Ref: Ref: Health Advisor in Gaziantep)
|Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Duration: as soon as possible – 30 June 2024
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federally owned public-benefit enterprise with operations in over 120 countries. We support the German Federal Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work, we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Türkiye dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Türkiye signed a bilateral technical cooperation agreement in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the European Union, GIZ is currently supporting Türkiye’s efforts to host more than 3.7 million refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in supporting Türkiye through technical assistance in the implementation of pre-accession programs of the European Union (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Health Advisor on a full-time contract to support the PEMS Project in Gaziantep.
The Health Advisor position's main activities and required qualifications are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
1. Technical Management, and harmonization
- Develop technical documents, reporting/ tracking tools as needed according to the type of implemented activities, and plan training and workshops to present these to the partners
- Supports planning of the program by conducting/ overseeing assessments
- Follows up and review the Partners ActivitiesTracker regularly and reporting the status to the supervisor
- Plans and conducts periodic meetings with PEMS’s partners
- Routine communications with PEMS partners as per the guidance of the supervisor
- Provides technical guidance, support, and backstopping of the implementing partners in the implementation of health component activities
- Provides technical support to PEMS’s implementing partners in the development of technical documents, project evaluations, proposals (and amendments) and reports
- Prepares TOR for the needed technical consultant
- Contributes to reporting of the program activities
- Reviews proposals and reports submitted by implementing partners
- Collects, compilates and analyzes project data and information for technical, internal and donor reports as per guidance of the supervisor
- Attends coordination meetings with the external parties as per the supervisor's request
- Ensures that activities implemented by partners are aligned with the health sector priorities
- Submits minutes and follow-up action points of meetings conducted or attended
3. Other duties/additional tasks
- The Health Advisor will perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
B. Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in medical sciences
- At least 5 years of proven professional experience in the health sector in the areas of programming, management, implementation, and supervision of health programs in conflict and/or post-conflict settings
- Experience in NGO capacity development is desirable.
Other Knowledge, additional competencies
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Ability to prioritize, organize, manage, and adapt management style according to need.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to convene stakeholders and facilitate processes among them UN, NGOs, national health authorities and donors.
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualifications and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Health Advisor in Gaziantep).
ATTENTION: PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN GIZ CV FORMAT PROVIDED BELOW. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
The deadline for receiving applications is the 17th of October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and thus only applications from candidates with a valid residence/working permit/ temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered.
GIZ Türkiye CV Format: GIZ-Turkey-CV-Template.doc (live.com)