Duration: 1 year with the possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3.6 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Driver on a full-time contract to support the HLP Project in Istanbul.
The Driver’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Drive staff/partners/guests/consultants in programme/agency vehicles
- Deal with bank issues, delivery of correspondence and documents to the premises of programme partners and other organisations
- Ensure the orderly operation and cleanliness of programme/agency vehicles
- Keep the programme’s logbook
- Prepare the mileage charges for private and/or other programmes
- Support the preparation, transfer, assembly and dismantling of materials and equipment for different programme workshops and/or meetings
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Recognised secondary school leaving qualification
- Valid driving licence
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Basic knowledge of general mechanics
- Ability to pass driving test (visual and practical) in the country in question
- Basic knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office package) required
- Native in Turkish, good in English
- Confidential handling of data and information
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to email@example.com (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Driver HLP). Deadline for receiving applications is 19th of December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit / temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered.