Translator / Interpreter
An International Consortium is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Team as a Translator/Interpreter for an EU funded Technical Assistance project in İzmir.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Engineering / Translation / Interpretation, English Language and Literature or related departments.
- Advanced level of English in translation and interpretation preferably in Mobility domain.
- Excellent command of Turkish.
- Full computer literacy; advanced use of MS Office tools (Word / Power Point).
- Well-organized, result oriented, strong attention to details and ability to meet with tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to work both independently and in an international team environment
- Able to work in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to attend field activities both abroad and inland and also able to attend trainings and conferences. No restriction to travel.
- Professional experience as translator / interpreter is required in Mobility / technical areas.
- Experience in international donor funded projects, preferably EU funded projects as a translator/interpreter is preferred.
The Consortium offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment. The company ensures that its employees rank between the very best within their field of expertise. Talented people, who chose to work for the Consortium, want to make a difference and aim for change and progress in the societies that we live and work for Teamwork, dialogue and initiative are key values within the organization. We offer a competitive compensation package.
An assessment will be part of the procedure.
- Assisting the Technical Assistance Team (TAT) in the day to day management of the project
- Providing consecutive or whisper interpretation during meetings, study visits, workshops/seminars and training events from English to Turkish or vice versa;
- Translating all project reports and required documents, regulations, training materials, e-mail correspondence, etc. from English to Turkish or vice versa;
- Proof reading and editing of relevant project outputs
- Facilitating effective communication between the TAT and the Beneficiary institution
- Scheduling and arranging meetings, drafting the notes of meetings, when necessary.
- Providing support to report writing and planning
- Performing necessary office management tasks including filing.
- Assisting the required parties(local and international) involved in the project in matters related to language
- Other tasks as assigned.
BNN Consulting and Engineering
BNN is involved in preparation of tender documents, project management, construction supervision, quality control, expert appraisal, bid evaluation and post auditing. These facilities assure the firm’s ability to handle major multi-disciplinary projects. The firm has extensive experience in project planning, feasibility and environmental impact assessment studies, technical design and environmental control studies.