Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Hatay, in Türkiye, team leader reports directly to the Field Manager and technically to the Medical Coordinator.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract(with possible extension)
Expected Starting Date: 01.02.2024
- Medical doctor degree; preferably eligible to practice medicine in Turkey.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical practice as a general practitioner in Türkiye including medical team management.
Skills and Qualities Required
- Demonstrated management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to patient safety and quality of healthcare
- Commitment to organization’s values and vision
- Ability to lead standardization of care
- Good knowledge on MS Office
- Ability to work with a team as a member(team-spirit)
- Ability to work in challenging conditions
- Required: Turkish
- Preferable: Arabic-English
- Clinical medical tasks.
- Team Management.
- Technical supervision.
- External Communication.
- Other Related Tasks
Clinical Medical Tasks:
- To manage the day – to – day medical activities for the Medical Teams.
- To preform consultations; ensure patient privacy as much as possible, provide health care and treatment for the patients seeking health care services.
- Follow the Turkish ministry of health protocols and guidelines regarding treatment, prevention and following up measures.
- In collaboration with medical support staffs to provide regular health education and promotion messages to the patients on diagnosis, preventive measures, treatment, and medications.
- Be responsible on filling out the patients’ files as well as the required patients’ data on the DDD online system.
- Be responsible for reviewing/ correcting the data filled by other medical staff.
- Review the morbidities collected, analyse and work with the local health authorities and medical coordinator to respond to/ set a plan accordingly.
- To ensure patients’ confidentiality regarding patients’ medical history, and patients’ files.
- Ensure provision of the required necessary medications and medical supplies and coordinate with the pharma team for regular supply.
- S/he will be supervising technically:
Other medical staff
- Training and supervising team members.
- Define with medical team members their action plan and deadlines for reaching goals in coordination with Field Manager and Medical Coordinator.
- Make sure medical staff has available protocols and guidelines, propose any implementation of medical protocols, and update if necessary.
- Ensure formal feedback towards your team about any issues raised by them.
- Ensure conflict resolution between medical team members with the support of Field Manager and HR Department.
- Conduct regular meetings and when required with the team.
- Any other task requested by direct line.
- In coordination with Field Manager, maintain regular contacts with, health authorities, UN agencies and other medical NGOs and organizations, through meetings, training, workshops, etc.
- Attend meetings related to health, representing DDD, and provide appropriate feed-back (minutes).
- Attend Technical team meetings and coordination team meetings.
- Provide a monthly report to the field/Medical coordination, detailing activities done, supervision, training given, assessments undertaken etc
- Provide a yearly/semester/ when needed medical reports on project achievements, developments, and recommendations according to context and health situation.
- Provide a Handover Report at the end of your contract.
Other Related Tasks
- Contribute to the assessments with related department, where and when necessary;
- Ability to travel and relocate if it is requested;
- Participate in any specialized responses, as requested;
- Represent and actively participate in any relevant meetings, as requested by line manager;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips, donor visits and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter through our website
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.