Supply Chain Senior Officer (Ref: (Ref: TR:18))
|Arapça (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)|
Job Title: Supply Chain Senior Officer
Job location: Gaziantep Office
Report to: Country Director
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the MedGlobal of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to MedGlobal, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work.
MedGlobal is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
DISCRIMINATION, ABUSE AND HARASSMENT POLICY
MedGlobal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. MedGlobal employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside the organization.
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for logistics and procurement support, asset management, shipment and cross-boarding operations, archiving of documents and translation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Logistics & PROCUREMENT
- Checking and ensuring that all related documents are complete and in-line with MEDGLOBA’s logistics and procurement procedures
- Assisting supervisor all logistics & procurement operations.
- Organizing, checking and giving procurement approval for all field purchase requests and fulfilling every PR in PR tracking sheet.
- Warehouse management
- Checking logbooks coming from field and consumptions of cars.
- Responsible for all procurement documents checking starting from PR until the completion of procurement process.
- Responsibility that all procurement corresponds with Medglobal or donors rules
- Responsibility that all procurement is done on time
- Drafting evaluation tables
- Responsibility for contracts preparation and follow-up
- Managing all payments to suppliers and checking all related documents
- Any other task required by the supervisor
- Supervising MedGlobal’s field assets management including registrations, movements, discarding reports, etc.
- Registering all MedGlobal new asset and preparing its handover protocol to be sent to the responsible person in the field
- Doing all field assets movements (broken assets report, maintenance, etc.)
- Supervising quarterly and annual asset inventories in the field
- Archiving all logistics field documentations
- Checking and matching all procurements and logistics documentations with stock cards registers and ELO tender files archived documents
- Ensuring that all documents are matching with MedGlobal’s approval and archiving system (software)
- Organizing packing and shipment of all archives to HQ when needed
- any additional work the supervisor deems necessary
- Liaise with appropriate staff in the Procurement department in Turkey, the Procurement and Logistics department in the field, the Quality Control teams in Turkey and in the field and the suppliers, in order to determine the most efficient mode of ship MedGlobal commodities, taking into consideration type of commodity, quantity, port conditions, weather conditions, freight market condition, etc.
- Coordinate with Project Managers about shipment plans; consolidate the planning related to shipments to the field and customs clearance of commodities.
- Manage the operational aspects of all shipments, including loading and discharging operations and the contracting of handling services.
- Facilitate cross-boarding operations.
- Liaise with Logistics and warehousing teams in the field, reception and handling to ensure efficient operations and commodities deliveries. Responsible that stock cards are updated and well prepared.
- Ensure appropriate and correct ship MedGlobal documents are obtained from the suppliers, freight forwarders, field team, etc.
- Check Customs tariff positions and interpret government fiscal policies & amendments.
- Any other task required by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Applicant must be a Turkish citizen.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in logistics and procurement (asset management, archiving, shipment). Previous NGO experience in a similar context is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Knowledge in the context of NWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English. Turkish is an advantage.
- High-level computer skills on MS Office programs.
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply through the above link:
The applications will be reviewed and candidates will be selected irrespective of the expiration of the application period.