Job Title: SRH and Protection Project Senior Officer
Job code: VI-HR-REC-2023-33
Last date for receiving applications: 13.12.2023
This position is based at the head office and directly reports to the Project Manager. S/he will be responsible for assisting the project manager in managing, coordinating, and monitoring the implementation of the deliverables of the project. S/he will manage the project SRH portfolio that, includes working with the health facilities manager, field coordinators, warehouse manager and pharmacist, and ambulance coordinator. Working in close coordination with the Project Manager, provide support to contributing to project outcomes. S/he will play a major role in the day-to-day coordination with field staff and other departments in the organization to ensure the timely execution of the different activities.
- Act as the main focal point for all SRH project activities at he office level.
- Provide support to the project staff to ensure smooth implementation of activities following international standards and donor regulations.
- Coordinates and communicates regularly with other departments to support technical assistance and service delivery in the project.
- Provides supervision and monitoring of project activities and ensures that activities are aligned as per plan and regularly reported.
- Identifies and resolves SRH project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Coaches, mentors, and manages project team to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and organization standards/policies.
- Builds, develops, and grows relationships with donors and government and non-government stakeholders vital to the success of the project.
- Represent Violet at the cluster level and meetings, including technical working groups
- Contribute to developing the annual work plan, procurement and spending plan and submit to the project manager.
- Contribute and participate in grant opening, quarterly project cycle meetings and project review meetings as per schedule.
- Compile and submit timely project reports to Project Manager for technical review as per donor regulations.
Note: the above-mentioned vital responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Depending on the department's organizational chart, other future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
- University degree in the Health sector, or related fields
- Previous experience in project management in I/NGO for three years as a minimum in health project management, preferably SRH project
- Understanding of the Syrian context and healthcare system
- Excellent command of English (oral and written) and Arabic fluency required
- Strong program and technical knowledge as well as planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills; experience managing projects supported by key humanitarian donors preferred
- Extensive experience working with NGO health actors,
- Strong and dynamic experiences with both facility and community-based models of programming implemented in insecure and changing humanitarian contexts
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to gender-sensitive health programming, clinical care for sexual assault survivors, and - management of integrated health and women’s protection activities, a strong plus
- Understanding of opportunities and challenges associated with implementing direct health project
- Previous experience with remote program monitoring and management in insecure environments
- Confirmed technical writing skills, including reports and proposals
- Proven strong interpersonal and intercultural communication with success working both within a team and independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties;
- Previous experience with information management, health data analysis and use of data for program improvement
- Strong time leadership skills with the ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, creative, and innovative in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment and promote teamwork.
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Core & Managerial Competencies &Technical
A. Core Competencies
- Planning and Organizing.
- Commitment to Continues Leading.
- Stakeholders Orientation.
- Technological Awareness.
B. Supervisor/Managerial Competencies
- Empowering Others.
- Building Trust.
- Managing Performance.
C. Technical Competencies
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in working with NGOs, INGo
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse is unacceptable to Violet, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Violet is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach toward any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
Violet expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, or harassment (sexual or otherwise), based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Violet employees and related personnel must under no circumstances participate in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual, or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Violet.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed: https://forms.violetsyria.org/jobs/2023-33-4/
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Violet Organization (Menekşe Organizasyon)
Violet integrates the protection sector in all the aforementioned sectors. With the length of the conflict and the survival of people for long periods at stake, Violet’s response has had to not only be focused on the emergency response but on the immediate implementation of long-impact health and education sector projects in all of Idlib.
Violet worked to establish and develop its organizational structure to start officially as an organization registered in Turkey in 2014. Accordingly, Violet divided the work into key sectors that mimic the divisions of international humanitarian organizations and implemented the appropriate structure for all departments and staff.