JOB TITLE: SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER
ABOUT MAYA FOUNDATION:
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Field Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system under the umbrella of Education Program. The Education Program currently concentrates around two complementary areas. While, one pillar focuses on extending the concept of Trauma Informed Schools together with its implications and practices within the public schools, the second pillar is designed to contribute social cohesion within the school environment with a specific focus on peer-bullying . Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and through its Volunteer Program Maya Vakfı provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
With a holistic approach, Maya Vakfi’s Education Program aims to provide technical assistance as well as capacity building opportunities via various trainings on trauma and PSS related topics as well as bullying and social cohesion to the school staff. Moreover, the Program also comprehends tailor made tools targeting children as well as caregivers such as psycho-social and psycho-education sessions for children, positive parenting seminars for parents, and activities to prevent bullying in schools. In cooperation with the Ministry of National Education (MoNE), Maya Vakfi has authorization to implement the Education Program in seven provinces across Turkey.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of Operations
Collaboration: Programme Coordinator/HR/ Finance Unit and other relevant teams within Maya foundation and partners
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implementation and monitoring of all procurement related activities to support Maya Vakfı programs,
- Management of all payments, on time, and payment are verified in accordance with delivery documentation and contracts
- Accurate documentation and record keeping in relation to all Purchase Orders and Goods Received Notes(GRN)
- Act as a focal point with donor and partner procurement focal points,
- Work closely with operational departments to ensure the items and equipment required and budgeted for by their projects are purchased and transported in a timely and efficient manner;
- Recommend solutions to areas of staff weakness, limitations and gaps and capacity needs.
- Provide regular reports to the Procurement and Logistic Coordinator, covering all aspects of procurement.
- Undertake any other duties within the capabilities that might be assigned by the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator.
- Supports Procurement and Logistics Coordinator in coordinating the timely and efficient workflow for the tasks related to procurement and logistics between Maya Vakfı Offices.
- Assist and ensure timely and efficient supply and logistics support in the context of program supplies and stock keeping for the needs of the programs.
- Lead the preparation & monitoring of the supply and logistics plan in collaboration with the respective Program colleagues.
- Lead organizing and maintaining any stores that contains programmatic and/or operational materlials within the offices of Maya Vakfı. Provide timely stocks report and introduce needed data’s in a systematic manner. Record incoming and outgoing program supplies requisitions timely.
- Receives supply requisitions, ensuring accuracy of specifications of items, and confirms availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme colleagues, as necessary. Monitors assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
- Obtains quotations, issues invitation to bids to approved and listed suppliers; arranges and participates in bid openings with the relevant staff, compiles price tabulations with price ratings and recommendations for order placement, prepares all relevant documentation for the finalization of the respective procurements in collaboration with the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator.
- Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Maintains supplier database and files with full information, in accordance with Maya Vakfı’s supply and procurement guidelines.
- In collaboration with Program Coordinators and Procurement and Logistics Coordinator takes leading role for the establishment of Long Term Arrangements (LTA) ensuring that the LTA has valid quantities and lead-time meets requirements.
- Maintains purchase requisition /contract files with all required procurement documentation (PRF, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence, etc).
- Responsible for conducting local market surveys on ongoing basis.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Undergraduate university degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role with at least 3 years’ experience working with international and national NGOs in Turkey,
- Team player with excellent planning skills
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word and Excel)
- Fluency in written and spoken English,
- Good communication and writing skills.
Interested candidates can send their CVs and cover letters to email@example.com by writing "MV160622-SPRLO" Job Application to the e-mail subject until July 8, 2022.