General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Since its establishment, Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering programmes spanning sectors, including humanitarian and development programmes, in the Early Recovery, Food Security, Agriculture, Livelihoods, Education, and Protection, in addition to long term impact interventions focusing on the economic empowerment and the local value chains improvements to enable targeted communities to improve their living practices and their sustainable mechanisms.
Orange collaborates with variety of national and international non-governmental organizations, as well as local initiatives to adopt community-based approach that leads to improve the response’s impact to the humanitarian crisis and provides sustainable and alternative solutions.
The primary role of the Senior Finance Officer is to oversee, handle, and supervise all financial transactions and related matters pertaining to project activities. This includes ensuring timely and accurate updates of financial records and adherence to established procedures. The Senior Finance Officer will be accountable for project reporting, budget management, accounting, and monitoring cash flow. They will report directly to the Finance Coordinator and indirectly to the Finance Director.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
Financial, Accounting and Compliance
- Review and verify all invoices, ensuring accurate allocation of payments to the relevant projects within the QB accounting system.
- Ensure strict adherence to financial procedures in line with Orange and donors' guidelines, offering assistance to logistics, administration, and program departments concerning donor requirements.
- Enforce internal financial procedures, systems, policies, and controls, ensuring compliance across all staff members.
- Develop and implement project-specific financial and accounting procedures, generating reports on project costs and financial outcomes as per donor guidelines.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of donor requirements, including project budget line accounting instruments and procedures.
- Conduct cost analyses and project financial settlement assessments.
- Prepare timely financial reports for the project on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, as mandated by the Foundation.
- Validate financial data received from other departments, ensuring proper documentation is provided.
- Provide financial support for all project-related matters.
- Compile financial donor reports and fulfill requirements to optimize available funding.
- Assist in preparing for external or internal audits, with guidance from the Finance Director.
- Oversee and track budget utilization, ensuring alignment with donors' requirements.
- Develop and consistently update a cost allocation table for effective financial management.
- Guarantee the precision and reliability of all financial data.
- Monitor expenditure levels for each program against budget, promptly notifying the relevant Program and Finance teams of potential over or under-spending.
- Provide guidance to budget holders on understanding variance implications and effective management strategies.
- Identify and analyse discrepancies, offering appropriate solutions to address them.
- Prepare comprehensive financial reports to facilitate decision-making and transparency.
Donors & Representation
- Ensures appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as Orange commitments to donors.
- Perform any other tasks given by d Finance Director.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, economics, banking, business administration, or a related field.
- A proven track record of at least 3 years of experience in finance within an INGO or leading LNGO with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Possesses strong teamwork skills and excels in building and nurturing relationships, networking, and both verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to collaborate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Familiarity with bilateral and multilateral government agencies, donors, non-governmental organizations, and other development agencies.
- Proficiency in MS Office Package.
- Excellent communication skills, including effective coordination with multiple parties and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional proficiency in English language (spoken, written, and reading).
- Diligent, proactive, and adept at prioritizing and delegating responsibilities in a demanding workload.
- Exemplifies honesty and trustworthiness.
- Possesses essential knowledge and practical experience with the QuickBooks accounting system.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child Safeguarding & PSEAH policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children and women but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child and women abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding and PSEA– Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange child safeguarding and PSEAH Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/2520c113-3c9b-463e-ada7-c6130612b833
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Orange - Turuncu Derneği
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis in both Turkey and Syria with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.