Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in DDD Coordination Head Office, the Senior Communication Officer is under the line management of the Grants Manager.
- Main Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain DDD visibility strategy
- Media and social media management
- Other related tasks
- Function Details
Develop and maintain DDD visibility strategy
- Plan and assist in developing DDD communication strategy
- To develop communication materials, including high quality photos, articles, press releases, videos, newsletters, factsheets and brochures showcasing the organisation’s achievements
- Execute activities to establish and maintain DDD’s brand presence
- Ensure consistency and compliance with DDD branding guidelines and donors visibility guidelines
- Coordinate with related departments and partners to develop content for media accounts, donor reports, needs assessments, success stories etc.
- Coordinate with related departments and partners to organize events including opening ceremonies, workshops, seminars, conferences etc.
- Support departments with communications requests, including IEC materials, production of brochures and leaflets etc.
- Maintain an effective filing system of communications materials
- Manage the content flow within DDD in terms of communications and visibility
Media and social media management
- Improve and manage DDD website
- Update DDD website contents and other communication channels
- Manage the social media accounts of DDD
- Coordinate content gathering from all relevant staff including staff and the partners
- Ensure security of social media and web accounts
- Monitor news media coverage
- Support the Grants Manager in the delivery of capacity building activities directly with staff and partners
- Upon request, attend work development events, including meetings of the international humanitarian organisations, local institutions and conferences to cultivate prospects and enhance donor relationships and to present activities of the DDD
- Coordinate with related departments and partners to prepare periodic reports regarding visibility of the projects
- Provide regular reporting on communications activities to the Grants Manager, upon request
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract
- Assist in any other tasks related to the position, as required by DDD Management.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
Knowledge & Qualification
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, English Language & Literature or any other related field
- At least 2 years experience in communications or media relations field; preferably in humanitarian sector
- Excellent command of written English and Turkish
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
- Familiarity with software such as Photoshop and WordPress etc
Intellectual & Physical
- Excellent representation, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong reporting and planning skills
- Advanced understanding of social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation
- Ability to work independently
- Respect tight deadlines
Communication & Information flow
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 31.07.2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.