For Oxfam KEDV's emergency earthquake response, we are looking for 2 Safeguarding Assistants in Hatay and Kahramanmaraş.
Raise awareness about Oxfam KEDV policies and procedures regarding (sexual) harassment, exploitation and abuse
- With supervision of Safeguarding Officer and Coordinator, provide confidential advice to staff and others, including through awareness raising sessions on safeguarding policies and procedures, on how to submit a complaint, what happens with complaints, and what the role of the focal point is, to help staff in determining if they want to (if they are a survivor) or should submit a complaint;
- In collaboration with Human Resources, support Safeguarding Officer on conducting safeguarding awareness training (e.g. on how to recognise harassment and SEA) and induction for all new staff, and refresher trainings for all staff on a regular basis;
- Support provision of safeguarding training and awareness raising sessions for staff of partner organisations
- Facilitate and support awareness-raising campaigns with beneficiaries and local communities on the definitions of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), the standards of conduct expected of Oxfam in [country]’s staff, and the various mechanisms for raising SEA allegations or concerns, including contact details (including, as applicable, in an inter-agency context);
- Work with HR and other relevant personnel (e.g. gender, [child] protection) on PSEA-related aspects, including ensuring that all personnel sign the code of conduct and that screening for past SEA violations is a regular part of the recruitment process;
Promoting best practice, including in an inter-agency context
- Pro-actively link with and learn from safeguarding or PSEA staff in other organisations in the country;
- Help coordinating Oxfam KEDV in [country]’s participation in safeguarding activities with other relevant organisations, including in inter-agency initiatives, and represent Oxfam KEDV at GB Sub-cluster / Protection / PSEA network meetings, or work with other organisations to form local PSEA/Safeguarding networks;
- Support Safeguarding Officer to provide regular reports and revisions to work plans on safeguarding activities, incorporating feedback on progress, lessons learnt, gaps and possible mitigation;
- Conduct periodic assessments of implementation of One Oxfam KEDV safeguarding policies and practices in [country] and suggest improvements to senior management;
- Support undertaking safeguarding risk assessments and monitoring, including through consultations with communities, in a safe, timely and effective manner while maintaining high levels of confidentiality, and support implementation of risk mitigation and safe programming plans;
- Work with other relevant teams, such as protection, MEL, gender, communications, programmes, and fundraising, on integrating safeguarding into all aspects of Oxfam KEDV in [country]’s work;
Skills and Competence
- Minimum 1 year of professional of volunteer experience in working with disadvantaged people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (particularly active listening) able to engage with people of all identities in a non-judgemental manner.
- A good understanding of fundamental human rights and humanitarian principles
- Knowledge of local context including local government structures, laws and policies on safeguarding
- Preferably have experience in implementation of humanitarian project activities, particularly adult training.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation & abuse, and of Child Safeguarding issues.
- Understanding of and experience in carrying out participatory assessments, including facilitation of focus group discussions and individual key informant interviews
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong understanding of the country cultural context
- Commitment to follow procedures, take guidance and instruction from SG Team/Lead
- Mature attitude combined with good judgement & self-awareness, willing to ask for help
- A clear understanding of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse risk factors (such as gender and power inequalities)
- Prepared to deal with emotionally challenging situations
- Ability to work well under pressure and in respond to changing needs
- Excellent communication and cross-cultural management skills
- Strong ability to communicate both written and orally in English and Turkish.
- Capable of representing Oxfam KEDV and developing solid and effective working relationships with other partners and local government
- Commitment to Oxfam KEDV’s values, including promotion of equality and gender
Interested candidates can send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with SGA2023 code in the headline.
**Please note that this is a rapid recruitment and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kadın Emeğini Değerlendirme Vakfı
1986 yılından bu yana, yoksulluk ve eşitsizliklerin var olmadığı güçlü bir toplum oluşturmaya katkıda bulunmak amacıyla, kadınların yaşamlarını iyileştirme çabalarına destek olmak ve yerel kalkınmadaki liderliklerini güçlendirmek için çalışmaktadır. Bu doğrultuda bireysel ve kolektif kapasite geliştirme, kooperatifleşme, ekonomik güçlenme ve afet/göç alanlarında programlar yürütmektedir.
Kâr amacı gütmeyen bir sivil toplum kuruluşu olan KEDV, dar gelirli kadınların yoksullukla mücadeledeki uzmanlıklarına, ailelerini ve toplumu geliştirme, dönüştürme güçlerine inancıyla, onlarla ilkeli bir ortaklık anlayışıyla çalışmakta, tüm projelerini onların ve çevrelerinin sinerjisiyle geliştirmekte, yerel yönetimler ve toplumdaki diğer aktörlerle işbirliği yapmaktadır.
KEDV’in 29.01.2001 tarihli, 2001-2009 sayılı Bakanlar Kurulu kararıyla kamu yararına kuruluş statüsü bulunmaktadır.
- İş Geliştirme Koordinatörü - KOGEM
- İl Koordinatörü (Kadın Çocuk Merkezleri)
- Okul Öncesi Öğretmeni
- Sosyal Hizmet Uzmanı/Saha Çalışanı
- Geçim Kaynakları Takım Lideri
- Raporlama Uzmanı (MEAL)
- New Graduate (Monitoring & Evaluation)
- İzleme ve Değerlendirme Sorumlusu (MEAL)
- Saha Koordinatörü (İzmir)
- Finance Assistant
- İnsan Kaynakları Sorumlusu
- Gıda Mühendisi Danışman
- Proje Koordinatörleri
- Finance Officer
- MEAL Officer
- Satın Alma ve Lojistik Sorumlusu
- Food and Economic Security & Cash Officer
- Nahıl Misafirevi Sorumluları (Gaziantep, Samatya, Mardin, Şanlıurfa)
- Koruma ve İstismarın Önlenmesi Sorumlusu - Hatay
- MEAL Coordinator
- Food and Economic Security & Cash Assistant