Roving Information, Education and Communication Assistant (For 2 months)
The MENTOR Initiative saves lives in emergencies through tropical disease control and then stays to help people recover from crisis with dignity, working side by side with communities, health workers and health authorities to leave a lasting impact.
The MENTOR Initiative is a discrete and agile humanitarian organization purpose-built to relieve human suffering from tropical diseases. We act in some of the world’s most austere and vulnerable communities, who are often devastated and forgotten. Regardless of race, creed or nationality, MENTOR strives to deliver disease control to populations at greatest risk of suffering and death. Our first and last considerations are the needs of the people we serve.
The MENTOR Initiative is looking to hire a roving IEC Assistant who will support the implementation of the program’s information dissemination and communication strategy under the guidance of IEC coordinator. He/she will work closely with consultants and team members to collect and analyze data in a participatory manner and identify methods and tools for information communication. He/she will assist to design communication materials such as posters, brochures, comic books and ensure that all program communications materials adhere to MENTOR’s policy guidelines and oversee the work of the field campaign and providing regular feedback on the quality and content of daily program communications. Also, he/she will ensure that other program teams and partners understand key messaging on information and are equipped to disseminate information accurately.
- Support and help to build relationships with INGOs/NGOs, councils, public bodies, etc., including disseminating social key facts of the program, and coordinating the program’s visibility through partnerships.
- Facilitate to organize community meetings at district and at community about the program activities.
- Organize events with children/adults in the stated community centers.
- Positively interact with adults and children and encourage them to efficiency participate in IEC awareness activities.
- Implement IEC awareness activities in stated community centers.
- Interact with all program participants with respect and deference, informing their cases, feedback and information with the highest level of ethics and confidentiality.
- Supporting activities annual, monthly, and weekly plans (movement plan, etc.) accordingly regular feedback from fields to IEC Assistant.
- Collaborate with IEC team members to help about thematic modules for awareness-raising activities for target beneficiaries if needed.
- Any other task that may be requested by the Line Manager.
- Support for preparation weekly and monthly IEC/BCC reports to IEC Officer.
- Assist Officer in the completion of monthly projections and other requested documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science and or relevant area – can be compensated with direct work experience in NGOs for at least 2 years
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and persuasion skills especially with children;
- Strong experience in organizing social events.
- Have a variety of relations with different INGOs, NGOs, CBOs.
- Experience in or has undergone training in community health mobilization\medical aid and community-based training.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with peers
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving.
- Strong desire to help others and a commitment to the MENTOR’s mission is required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and operate in a variety of office environments required.
- Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiatives
- Knowledge of Kobo collect is a plus.
- Turkish ID Card or a valid work permit.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Arabic, Turkish is a plus.
As the MENTOR Initiative is working in a constantly changing humanitarian aid environment, reasonable specific work duties may occasionally be requested that may not fit into the above job description, but which will help promote over all programs goals and aims. Includes the possibility of transfer to another similar post across MENTOR country programmes within the period of this contract agreement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.