World Vision international
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- Define and adapt the innovation strategy, projects, and methodologies that envision, develop, and incubate products and process innovative ideas.
- Collaborating on new product design, social business ideas and types of response programming, designing and leading research, and other ideas.
- Serve as the main point of contact and ambassador for the NWS Lab.
- Set up the lab with support from WVSR, RIL Central Support Unit, and partners, ensuring all administrative, logistical, and technological needs are met; provide the physical space of the lab maintains neutrality, usability, and flexibility for all users.
- Draft/adapt the initial Operational Plan and forward it to the management for review and approval and continue to refine Strategic Intent and Operational Plan as needed
- Recruit and manage additional lab staff (if needed) at later stages.
- Manage the NWS Lab Funding Matrix and Budget.
- Ensure projects are on target and on time, maintaining monthly and quarterly Project Tracker during piloting/scaling up at later stages.
- Oversee logistics and procurement for different events and activities.
- Support implementing scheduled projects, events, and activities and troubleshooting as required.
- Provide complete project management oversight to ensure excellence in the execution of RIL plans and programs.
- Support the acceleration or scale-up of projects that succeed in the lab and documentation and sharing of those which fail (at later phases).
- Facilitate entrenchment of a culture of innovation through effective cultivation of ideas, best practices, pivoting, and harnessing of lessons.
- Support fundraising both for the RIL Lab and the successful lab projects.
- Develop partnerships with diverse stakeholders involving technology, commerce, innovation, humanitarian agencies, and governmental bodies.
- Support the process of developing strong, strategic partnerships, coalitions, and networks; Provide leadership in coordinating and managing those specific partnerships to ensure that their outputs are aligned with the objectives of the NWS Lab.
- Ensure effective partnerships to bring in staff capacity and support from a range of public and private organizations to promote new types of thinking and implementation of quality programs with help from people who have the appropriate skill set.
- Lead Innovation Forum, startup process and events, and convening events.
- Lead in ensuring effective management of resources. This will include providing leadership to effectively manage sub-grantee agreements or contracts with partners (at later stages).
LEARNING & REPORTING:
- Participate in coaching sessions as needed in coordination with the WVSR Technical team.
- Maintain accurate documentation of best practices, results, learning, and impact of programs.
- Document strategic thinking, dashboard reports, the status of innovation implementation, and matters of partnership, leadership, or management concern of the NWS Lab.
- Report monthly progress to the NWS Area Manager and the Deputy Director for Field Operations.
- Regularly share the lessons learned as the lab progresses to become a resource for others in and out of the RIL network.
Required Professional Experience:
- Experience of managing partnerships or building partnerships/consortia with other organizations.
- Strong leadership skills: capacity to prioritize and manage a diverse range of staff members, projects, and activities.
- Ability to solve complex problems and exercise independent judgment. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent oral/written and interpersonal skills.
- Confident communication and documentation skills; ability to represent the lab to a variety of stakeholders in a range of forums.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- A relevant degree
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications :
- Experience implementing relief or early recovery projects in WASH, livelihoods, education and/or protection
- Experience of social enterprise, innovation space, incubator, start-up advisory, or entrepreneurial experience.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
Some regional travel.
Language Requirements :
English. Arabic and/or Turkish language an asset.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only