Position: Research and Reporting Officer
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Department: Safety and Security
Start Date: ASAP
Global Communities seeks to recruit a Researcher and Reporting Officer that has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Syria’s security environment. Will produce safety and security reports utilizing traditional and social media. Will attend humanitarian security meetings and will liaise with external sources and experts. He will help in building Global Communities communication network regarding activities in Syria including doing visits inside Syria (not more than 25% of workdays).
Researches and Reporting Officer is responsible for:
- Preparation of the weekly, monthly, annual, and other reports and/or statistics for the department.
- Converting data shared by co-workers into final shape reports.
- Supporting the co-workers in the survey studies and evaluation stages, when necessary.
- Summarizing the most important reports and studies and highlight the areas of interest to the department.
- Ability to build a communication network for information gathering and validation.
- Ability to communicate with the field staff and provide them with guidance to collect relevant information.
- Compilation and submission of the supporting documents related with the reports.
- Provision of information flow on the database on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of innovative security solutions. This could include but not be limited to workshop formats, scenario forecasting, use of IT and graphic design tools to apply technology in our deliverables all with the aim to make our offering as appealing and accessible to staff members as possible.
- Follow up updates (political, economy and military) and events regarding situation in Syria, and prepare a routine and situational reports.
- Identify and evaluate new methodologies, technologies and organizations who could contribute to the security department.
- Liaise on a regular basis with counterparts in similar positions across the group to share and obtain knowledge, best practices that could help improve the organization security readiness.
- Ensure adherence to Global Communities safety & security SOP’s at the border and in the activities area.
- As instructed by supervisor, assist in producing standard operation procedures.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Education and training
- Bachelor Degree is required. Bachelor Degree relevant to the position such as International relations, Public administration, Political science, Social media etc. is desirable.
- Very good experience with reporting and researches, writing humanitarian reports is desirable.
- Innovation and written materials adjustment is desirable
- Familiar with the security situation in Syria, as well as the international situation related to the conflict in Syria.
- Knowledge of accepted Risk and Security Assessments practices and principles is highly desirable.
- A minimum of one years' experience in preparing and submitting reports and analysis.
- Past work with NGOs and/or international donor funded programs preferred.
- A minimum of 2-year experience in an NGO.
- Past work experience in written security reports.
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Arabic and Turkish speaking/writing skills also desirable.
- Very good Computer/word processing skills.
- Data analyzing skills (MS excel).
- Good level of knowledge on standard office software skills.
- Knowledge of infographics and designing application (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator) is highly desirable.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter no later than 29 March , 2019. Please, make sure to put the Job Title and Vacancy Number in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We envision a world where everyone has the freedom, means and ability to live and prosper with dignity.
Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
About Global Communities
We don’t tell the community what to do, they tell us.
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself.
We make a difference by engaging with communities, governments, the private sector, and NGOs as partners for good—bringing together complementary strengths and shared responsibilities to work toward common goals.
Global Communities has existed for more than 60 years. Until 2012, we were known as CHF International and, before that, the Cooperative Housing Foundation. We are a non-profit organization.
What distinguishes our work?
The power of what we do lies in our ability to develop relationships that put the people of the community at the forefront of their own development. Enriched by the ability to build trust and understanding, it is our heartfelt focus on community and partnership that distinguishes our work.
Global Communities currently works in more than 20 countries around the world in Africa, Asia, Europe & the Caucasus, Latin America & the Caribbean and the Middle East.