Reporting Assistant- Security
Shafak was officially established on 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality, and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and in the long run to contribute to recovery and rebuilding the society on a freedom, justice, and equality basis.
As a member of the Security Management Team and while working under the technical leadership of the Security & Safety coordinator, you will ensure the safety and security of Shafak staff, assets, program operation, and images by drafting and developing Shafak Policies, Procedures, and reports.
Reports to: Security Coordinator
Supervision responsibility: none
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required.
- Report to the Security & Safety coordinator, on a daily basis, the changing security situation and context through detailed collecting and verification of information.
- Follow-up on incidents in support of affected Shafak staff members.
- Ensure the SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are in effect being observed by all staff.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the line manager
- Work closely with the security team to develop standard reporting templates and tools that will support the improved narrative and log frame reporting.
- Developing high-quality context and risk assessment.
- Support program team in preparing concept notes and other project documents related to humanitarian access and risk management.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, situation reports, and other reporting requirements
- Ensure the review and timely submission of security-related reports to partners and donors.
- Work closely with the field team to strengthen results management and Develop a comprehensive archive of incident records, analysis, and lessons learned.
- Support the project team and partners in extracting lessons learned and good practices.
- Monitor and ensure that a management response to the findings and recommendations of evaluations, donors is completed, recorded, and followed up.
Demonstrate adherence to SHAFAK’s following policies:
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak Is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy: Shafak expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
- Notice: We will discuss these policies during the interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
You can apply through the link in the APPLY button
Closing Date: 03.02.2021
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.