SCOPE OF WORK
The Refugee Information Caseworker is responsible for promoting a positive image of ICMC/RSC through timely and effective communication with refugee applicants. The Refugee Information Caseworker is a vital point of contact between refugee applicants and ICMC/RSC staff. The Refugee Information Caseworker is also expected to support the Refugee Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications in analyzing, developing, and improving internal and external communication activities as needed.
- Answering written and verbal inquiries from refugee applicants on a daily basis;
- Assisting ICMC/RSC to schedule appointments for refugee applicants;
- Closely coordinating with colleagues and other ICMC RSC departments in regard to refugee inquiries and scheduling;
- Collecting and maintaining required information related to refugee applications and regularly updating electronic records accordingly;
- Supporting the Refugee Information Supervisor with the dissemination of relevant information to refugee applicants;
- Assisting the Refugee Information Supervisor and the IT Department with ICMC/RSC’s Refugee Information Website;
- Supporting the Refugee Information Supervisor with internal and external communications (including publications) related to refugee applicants;
- Supporting the Refuge Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications in the coordination of special events, open houses, displays, exhibits, etc.;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Refugee Information Supervisor and the Head of RSC Communications.
- Turkish citizenship;
- Native fluency in Farsi (written and spoken) is required;
- Knowledge of the Dari accent is a plus;
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience required;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
- Commitment to safeguard refugee applicant interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
- Proven inter-personal skills and insight into conditions of refugees to treat them with patience and compassion, calmly and tactfully;
- Ability to accurately follow instructions regarding ICMC/PRM policies and procedures to provide and clarify information to refugee applicants;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage refugee applicant inquiries;
- Ability to identify problems and analyze alternatives to develop recommendations for improvements;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to perform in a dynamic workplace with strict deadlines and at times with constant interruptions;
- Experience in working in a multicultural work environment;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and at time weekends as needed;
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is open to Turkish citizens only. References and criminal background checks are required prior to the start of employment. The successful candidate should be in good health and able to work in a setting that requires a high degree of flexibility.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum four pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to our HR email address on our company profile.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-19-RIU-03 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21 November 2019. The vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, subject to funding availability.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Application Address: email@example.com
Ref Code: TU-IST-20-CO-01