The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
For four decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service, we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Refugee Digital Information Specialist is responsible for maintaining the visual and written content of ICMC RSC’s Refugee Information Website and managing other digitial communications initiatives. S/he is expected to work directly with external website developers and internal IT specialists to troubleshoot technical problems, therefore basic knowledge of maintaining digital platforms is essential (websites, blogs, etc). The Refugee Digital Information Specialist is expected to work independently to ensure that ICMC RSC’s website promotes a positive image of the organization and provides helpful, user-friendly information to refugees. S/he is expected to support the Refugee Information Unit Supervisor and the Head of Program Integrity & Communications in analyzing, developing, and improving internal and external communications as needed.
To update and maintain the organization’s Refugee Information Website, including but not limited to:
- Creating visual and written content for the website.
- Monitoring and approving online account registrations.
- Managing online accounts to ensure the information displayed is accurate.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as needed.
- Regularly uploading account data for registered users to access their case information and running data accuracy checks.
- Identifying information useful and relevant to refugees to include on the website.
- To support all web-based and digital refugee communication activities and projects (through the website, waiting room kiosks, SMS systems, etc.).
- To analyze and regularly report trends and data from the Refugee Information Website.
- Developing training/presentation materials for internal and external usage.
- Conducting website-related trainings for staff members.
- Organizing surveys for refugee applicants through the website or other means and analyzing survey results.
Additional Job Duties
- To assist the Refugee Information Unit Supervisor with targeted communications initiatives, including but not limited to refugee surveys, updating informational signs throughout the building, updating refugee pamphlets and handouts, etc.
- To support the Refugee Information Unit Supervisor with internal and external communications (including publications), including the dissemination of relevant information to refugees.
- To support the daily activities of the Refugee Information Unit, including answering written and verbal inquiries from refugees and coordinating timely responses with colleagues in other ICMC departments.
- To work in collaboration with casual workers (interpreters) and assigned staff in ICMC Istanbul and Beirut offices in answering refugee inquiries.
- To support the Refuge Information Unit Supervisor and the Head of Program Integrity & Communications in coordination of special events, open houses, displays, exhibits, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Program Integrity & Communications and the Refugee Information Unit Supervisor.
- Demonstrated knowledge of website content management, including proposing relevant information and visual design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web management technologies.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
- Fluency in Turkish (written and spoken) is required.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions regarding program policies and procedures regarding appropriate communications with refugees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage the inquiry workload of Refugee Information Unit.
- Ability to identify problems and analyze alternatives to develop workable solutions.
- Ability to effectively work in a dynamic environment with many deadlines and at times with many interruptions.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to effectively work with a team.
- Turkish citizenship is required.
Desired Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Experience working in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Experience working with refugees is a plus.
Core Organizational Expectations
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality, and respect of human dignity.
- Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest.
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit their applications to: email@example.com.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-23-RIU-04 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5th October 2023.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
In general, if you have any questions about your personal information, or if you have complaints and / or objections to the processing of your personal information, please contact us via our application address.
Application Address for all ICMC Positions: firstname.lastname@example.org