Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Doctors of the World / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in İstanbul, the Project Referral Assistant is under the line management of Project Manager.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract(extension is possible)
Expected Starting date: ASAP
- Referral of medical and non-medical cases
- Follow up and Reporting
- Communication and Representation
Establish, strengthen, and follow up on referral pathways and mechanisms
- Referral Assistant will work closely with CWs and Translators to receive the cases that need medical and non-medical referrals.
- She/he will directly manage and coordinate the activities of a two-way referral system for beneficiaries and establish contact with focal points of other organizations.
- She/he will be responsible for the implementation of on-time and quality referrals in DDD’s area of implementation.
- She/he will follow up the referral process with the beneficiaries and referred organizations.
- Mainstream the referral criteria, protocols, and SOPs among stakeholders and DDD staff.
- She/he is familiar with Inter-Agency Referral Form and other referral tools used in NWS.
- Contribute to the development of the current referral tools and pathways with the support of Protection Officer.
- Categorize and record up-to-date data on referrals;
- Provide regular feedback on referrals to Health Counsellor, Protection Officer + Case Workers;
- Provide regular reporting (monthly, weekly, etc.) on overall activities to line manager.
- Contributing to donor reporting related on project activities.
- Update the service mapping on available services and update the relevant relevant staff accordingly;
- Submit ad-hoc reports per request of the Protection Officer.
- Respect for sensitive data protection guidelines.
Communication and Representation
- Communicate with stakeholders, including the organizations receiving referrals from DDD and beneficiaries, and treat them with the utmost respect.
- Update the medical and non-medical stakeholders map every other month (one month the medical service map will be updated and the following month the non-medical service map will be updated.)
- Accompany beneficiaries to organizations if needed and possible.
- To perform any additional duties on the instruction given by the line manager related to the DDD’s programmes in Turkey;
- Maintain full confidentiality for all work-related information.
- Knowledge of child safeguarding policies.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH).
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Education & Qualification
- A university degree in Social Sciences or relevant department
- 1-2 years of experience
Skills and qualities required
- Familiar with international NGO culture or multicultural environment;
- Proactive, adaptable and capacity to take initiatives;
- Good Computer skills;
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility
- Resilience to stress;
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness;
- Good analytical skills;
- Organization and ability to manage priorities;
- Proactive approach to identifying solutions;
- Required: Turkish
- Preferred: Arabic / Farsi / English
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter through our website
The deadline for submitting the applications is 25.06.2023
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- Acil: Birincil Basamak Sağlık Hizmeti Doktoru(Urgent: PHC Doctor) HATAY
- Acil: Şoför(Urgent: Driver) HATAY
- Emergency Call: PSS Officer HATAY
- Logistics Coordinator
- Emergency Call: Gynaecologist Hatay
- Public Health Mediator Hatay
- Medical Coordinator
- Emergency Call: HR & Admin Officer Hatay
- Acil: Ebe (Urgent: Midwife) HATAY
- Accountability Officer Istanbul
- Grants Officer
- HR & Admin Officer Based in Hatay with Syria visits
- Protection Coordinator İstanbul
- MEAL Officer Antakya
- Media Officer Syria