Post Title: Protection Expert
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension (2 months probation)
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package
Application closing Date: 27/09/2019
The Protection Expert is responsible to technically guide and oversee the project’s case management team and the project partners in protection related matters. This includes day to day challenges and decision making for protection related cases, and close liaison with other NGO’s with protection mandates. The Protection Expert will represent WHH vis-a-vis other NGOs, in coordination efforts with local authorities and other stakeholders for protection related matters.
Responsibilities of Protection Expert:
Technical advice and guidance
- Providing technical expertise and guide protection components in Istanbul province
- Responsible of protection programming in terms of project targets and quality of the services including Child Protection
- Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of programmes ensuring that identified protection needs are adequately addressed.
- Provide policy guidance and operational support to WHH and partners on all protection related issues.
- Increasing the quality of work of the CM team and Awareness-Raising Sessions in terms of protection
- Analyzing the trends and producing high quality in-depth Protection Monitoring Reports.
- Technical day to day supervision and guidance of the Case Management team
- Designing and conducting capacity building activities for protection staff and execution of the training plan
- Giving support to organize awareness raising activities on the field with outreach teams/Partners
- Support in writing new proposals, policies and guidelines
- Assist in designing protection programming and contribution to overall protection strategy of the country office.
Reporting and Communications:
- Weekly and/or monthly-based reporting to Head of Project
- Oversee all protection related staff in technical issues
- Manage programme database and coordinate with M&E Officer
- Consulting with project partners
- Sustain relations with stakeholders in the field
- Coordinating with different departments within the organization
- Attending and feedbacking relevant Coordination and/or Working Groups
- Representation of WHH towards other NGOs in protection sector
- Respect confidentiality of work contents and rights of the clients
- Maintain professional boundaries at all times
In addition to the above, the Protection Expert may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project.
- Education: BA in social sciences or related field, graduate degree in a relevant field is an asset
- Work Experience: At least 2 years of experience in protection-related positions, including experience in Case management, social work, protection, or other related fields
- Previous working experience in INGOs and/or international organizations is a must
- Previous experience in IPA and humanitarian programming and practice is a strong asset
- Experience in overseeing and guiding staff is a strong asset
- Knowledge of the Turkey refugee context (Syrian and non-Syrian) is a must, knowledge of Istanbul context is a strong asset.
- Distinct knowledge of protection and CM related guidelines, international standards, SOP’s, etc.
- Skills/knowledge: Attention to details, matured leadership skills, good computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook at a minimum),
- Personality requirements: Being able to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, being self-motivated and able to work proactively
- Language Skills: Excellent command of English and Turkish (written and spoken).
The Protection Expert will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in English with the subject Job Application – Protection Expert (SYR1062) no later than 27 September 2019
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.