About Concern: Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and is currently looking for 2 Protection Assistants based in Ceylanpınar
Job Title: Protection Assistant
Location: 2 position based in Ceylanpınar (Şanlıurfa/Turkey)
Reporting line : Team Leader
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Closely work with: Finance, Programme, and System Teams
Contract Length: Fixed term, 12 months (extendable)
Job Grade: E
Job Purpose: The position(s) will be based in Ceylanpınar (Şanlıurfa/Turkey), under the supervision of the Team Leader in the district. The Protection Assistant will provide tailored IPA and case management services to the refugee community as well as undertake regular outreach and household visits.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes for identification and registration of individual protection cases eligible for assessment
- Undertake rapid and detailed assessment for individual protection cases
- Prepare intervention plans and case summaries for cases following detailed assessment
- Undertake distribution of items including food baskets and NFI kits in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Provide case follow-up until cases can responsibly and appropriately be closed
- Record relevant assessment, intervention plan, and follow up information in the case management database in a timely fashion
- Collect and update information on services available and protection actors in Şanlıurfa province
- Conduct outreach activities on the available protection services in the district and about Concern’s activities in the Protection Hub
- Conduct household assessments for cases identified through outreach activities
Required Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- University degree in Social Sciences (Social Work, Sociology, International Relations, Political Science, Law, Economics, Business Management, etc.)
- Strong command of spoken Arabic is essential
- One year experience in a similar position in an NGO in Turkey or Syria
- Experience working in specific protection areas (i.e. child protection, S/GBV, MHPSS)
- Previous trainings in Individual Protection Assistance and Case Management
- Candidates should be based in the project locations and are willing to travel to city centre to support cases in accessing services
- Priority will be given to candidates who are from Ceylanpınar district and who are living in the district.
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Proficiency in Turkish and English
- Good communication skills and ability to speak with individuals respectfully among the refugee community as well as all protection actors in the field
- Good awareness of security risks and risk management
- Good organisation and reporting skills
- Positive attitude, team player, and willingness to learn
- Aware of personal data protection sensitivities
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter, and an up-to-date CV by 20.08.2020
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for must be clearly stated in the email subject-header
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Please detail the position applied and location in the email subject-header
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
Application Closing Date: 20.08.2020
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
We are an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
We work in partnership with the very poorest people in these countries, directly enabling them to improve their lives, as well as using our knowledge and experience to influence decisions made at a local, national and international level that can significantly reduce extreme poverty. In 2015, we positively impacted the lives of 22.5 million people.