Takaful Al Sham (TAS) has been responding to the Syrian crisis since 2012 and to the Refugee Response in Turkiye since 2013. TAS works in Education, Early Recovery, Food Security, Livelihood & Empowerment, WASH, Protection, Shelter, CCCM, and Emergency Response, where TAS has implemented successfully more than 130 projects in Direct partnership with Institutional donors, UN Agencies, and INGOs such as; BHA, SCHF, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, IOM, CARE, GOAL, Save the Children, Global Communities, World Vision, DRC, WHH, Archenova, Chemonics. Seeking to save lives and alleviate human suffering through collaborative, local, and sustainable relief and development assistance, TAS believes that empowerment of women, adolescents, youth, and those who are physically and mentally challenged engage and become proactive in their communities through socio-economic sustainability, development and durable solutions, for a brighter future.
TAS considers the teamwork and continuous learning values as actual institutional values that it applies in all departments by working to create the best work environment and encourage employees to continuously develop their capabilities.
Project officer - Nutrition
Line manager: ERL project manager Job code:
ERL - TR - OFF - 093 Application start date: 29/09/2023
Application closure date: 08/10/2023
Duration of the contract: 6 Months (2 months Probation) with the ability of extension
Location: Gaziantep - Türkiye
Availability to start: As soon as possible.
Turkish Nationality is an Advantage.
Role Purpose:The Project officer is responsible for following up the project activities implementation,
timely reporting, monitoring and evaluation of project achievements. The Project Officer
reports directly to the Project Manager and is accountable to the Project Manager for the
effective performance of all responsibilities. In the absence of a Project Manager will lead the
team and hold all related responsibilities.
Basic tasks and responsibilities
1. Preparing comprehensive implementation plans for the project.
2. Determine the necessary technical requirements for employees working in Syria in the field and
interviewing candidates to form the required field team.
3. Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach nutrition-based projects.
4. Day-to-day management of the field team in Syria to ensure that tasks are assigned appropriately, and
that each person completes his task ahead of time with complete accuracy and transparency.
5. Ensures the assignment and receipt of reports and statements from field staff.
6. Reviews and ensures accuracy and adequacy of field staff reports
7. Inform the line manager of any possible delay or issue; and provide the necessary suggestions to
address any defect in the implementation of the project and to process change requests.
8. Maintains securely all project related records, reports, and documents.
9. Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual project performance reports. And submit it to
the project Manager.
10. Organizing regular meetings with the field team of the project inside Syria to find out the
obstacles and try to solve the problems independently.
11. Coordinating with the supporting departments to ensure smooth implementation of the project
12. Attending all meetings related to the project (cluster, coordination, finance, programs, etc. and
make presentations to the sector and donors).
13. Provide the necessary technical support in the design and implementation stages of the
project team and the organization. Perform other duties related to the program as assigned and in
accordance with the implementation of the project.
14. Sending continuous updates and sharing information to stakeholders
Qualifications and experience
• BSc/Diploma in Health, Nutrition, Nursing, or related field.
• An experience of not less than one year in the field of nutrition sector.
• Sufficient knowledge of the work area and the Syrian context.
• Very good English language skills (writing - reading - speaking).
• Report writing skills in both Arabic and English.
• Strong knowledge of the project life cycle, preparing periodic and progress reports.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office 365, especially Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook
• Ability to teamwork, direct, coordinate, follow up and initiate project development.
• Good proficiency in effective communication and representation skills (oral and written).
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• High degree of negotiation, persuasion, planning and organizing skills
• To have Turkish citizenship or a valid residency in Turkey.
• Qualified nutritionist with extensive CMAM experiences.
Takaful Al-sham is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Takaful Al-sham's employees and volunteers are obligated not to practice sexual exploitation and abuse, in exchange for the services they provide, in addition to assuming their responsibilities to protect children from harm and abuse and to ensure a safe environment for them, and to work to create a safe work environment for everyone free from any form of harassment, abuse, exploitation or misconduct during work that diminishes the dignity and safety of the volunteer or employee.