Location: IPC SU Campus Office, Tuzla ‐ Istanbul
Description of the Work: Project Finance and Administrative Affairs Officer will work with IPC Finance and Administrative Affairs Manager to support IPC team and Project Coordinators, in all budgetary and financial reporting aspects of a designated project. In this role she/he will be responsible for timely coordination of overall project budget and will be accountable for project financial planning and budget management. In addition, she/he will monitor financial and administrative coordination of subsequent project and contracts with third parties under this project for ensuring compliance with rules stated on grant contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and inform project teams on budget adjustments, information on eligibility of costs,
- Follow up the financial implementation of project activities, check cost statements,
- Assist Project Coordinators in the formal aspects of the preparation of annual and quarterly reports (financial),
- Collect, verify and process all financial and legal documents required from project team, partners, beneficiaries, service providers,
- Initiate, follow up and finalize Sabanci University’s internal process for grant contracts along with grant regulations,
- Control and submit financial information and documentation requested by the project team, IPC partner institutions or service providers,
- Initiate and follow up payment processes along Sabancı University’s and grant regulations,
- Ensure compliance with all general contract conditions and finance procedures,
- Keep project expense reports updated and inform project coordinators accordingly,
- Prepare and submit interim and final financial reports on time along rules stated on grant contracts,
- Create and maintain an archive of project documents and communications on financial matters,
- Assist project coordinators on budget drafting during grant applications,
- Liaise with IPC Finance and Administrative Affairs Coordinator, Project Coordinators and team on all financial issues,
- Assist in preparation of internal reports and reports to funders to support team’s monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Proactively engages IPC team and Project Coordinators to support and assist for successful implementation of the activities of IPC,
- Ensure timely closure of contracts and all administrative commitments,
- Lead on administration duties when it is needed by IPC Finance and Administrative Affairs Coordinator, including but not limited to: organizing external events, workshops, and conferences, team meetings, travel inquiries,
- Ensures that administrative tasks are completed in a satisfactory and thorough manner with great precision and accuracy,
- Follows‐through on projects/tasks to ensure their timely completion, without the need for reminders or significant oversight from IPC Finance and Administrative Affairs Coordinator and Project Coordinators.
- Relevant work experience in financial and administration coordination at a think‐tank,
- Excellent written and verbal English skills,
- Excellent administrative and computer (Office) skills, proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem solver,
- Discrete, tactful and diplomatic in team relations and communications,
- Appreciates vital role of administrative tasks,
- Ability to work both in a team and independently under minimum supervision,
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and remotely, and to actively generate and implement ideas for project and office improvement,
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions,
- Turkish citizen,
- Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of Istanbul Policy Center.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Term of services: 12 months, due to renewal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis till the position is filled.
If you are interested please e‐mail a short cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org until July 8, 2022.
İstanbul Politikalar Merkezi
İstanbul ve Ankara'da dört ayrı ofisi bulunan İPM, 2001 yılından bu yana karar alıcılara, kanaat önderlerine ve paydaşlara uzmanlık alanına giren konularda tarafsız analiz ve yenilikçi politika önerilerinde bulunmaktadır.