Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Bağcılar MHPSS Centre Istanbul, the Project Driver is under the management of the Project Facility Manager.
- Passenger Safety and Security
- Maintenance of Vehicle
- Other Duties
Passenger Safety and Security
- Facilitate the transportation of staff and equipment;
- Abide Turkish traffic regulation and respecting speed limits;
- Ensure the security of passengers and equipment during transportation;
- Respecting rules of security:
- transporting passengers other than DDD staff is strictly forbidden;
- Weapons or passengers with weapons in the vehicle are forbidden;
- Receiving phone calls during driving are not allowed.
- Always wearing safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same;
- Ensure a valid Driving License, Insurance papers, Vehicle documents and other related document are readily accessible in the vehicle; and ready for any eventual inspection;
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are valid and renewed before the expiration date.
Maintenance of vehicle
- Checking on a daily and weekly basis the vehicle's motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, wind shield liquid, etc.
- Alerting direct supervisor in case of technical problem or need for maintenance;
- Organizing or if possible carrying out of any necessary maintenance after validation of direct supervisor;
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean on the inside and outside;
- Ensuring all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition;
- Refilling the fuel tank each time the tank is at ¼ of its capacity;
- Filling a logbook with kilometres and fuel consumption;
- Providing regular reporting on her/his activities to the line manager upon request;
- Providing the line manager with a Handover Report at the end of the contract.
- Supporting the logistic focal point for manual tasks;
- Directly involved in the identification of logistic needs related to the facilities;
- Participating in internal work meetings and inform DDD team on log issues;
- Reporting any security related issues to the line manager or to the General Coordinator;
- Supporting operational organisation of field trips;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- At least high school degree.
- Have a valid license (category B is mandatory for the role).
- At least 4 years of professional driving experience;
- Good knowledge of the area;
Skills and qualities required
- Excellent, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Willingness to travel to field on regular basis;
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to communicate in Turkish and English languages.
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 01.12.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.