Vacancy Notice Number:
Ankara – Türkiye
One Year Fixed Term Contract (G4) – with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
13 December 2022
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
IOM Turkey is operating in a complex migration environment. The country is hosting over 4 million of migrants and refugees under various administrative status. IOM Turkey supported developing migrant integration policy and is implementing capacity building programs aiming at social cohesion of migrants in the country and strengthening the capacity of authorities at central and local levels. The incumbent under the direct supervision of the National Program Officer and overall supervision of Head of Migration Management, will support the implementation and further development of the migrant harmonisation portfolio in the Department for Migration Management of IOM Turkey.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Retrieve, compile, summarize, and present information/data on specific project topics.
- Monitor budget; verify availability of funds; obtain necessary approval and update budget related information.
- Support administrative coordination of project implementation, involving liaison with diverse organizational units and external parties to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, etc.
- Draft status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery and bringing them to the attention of the supervisor.
- Draft correspondence, reports, briefing notes, graphics, statistical tables, presentations and other forms of documentation.
- Organize meetings, workshops and training sessions.
- Respond to general information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-overnmental organizations;
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject especially social cohesion areas
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 13 December 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- On Call Interpreter (Turkish Sign Language)
- On Call Interpreter (Arabic Sign Language)
- Junior Project Assistant
- Senior Project Assistant
- Senior Project Assistant (Recovery and Stabilization)
- Childcare Assistant
- Senior Project Assistant (Protection)-re-advertised
- Operations Assistant Team Leader Field Support (Airport)