Vacancy Notice Number:
Project Assistant (Health)-re-advertised
Adana – Turkiye
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4)- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
5 June 2023
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External
Under the overall supervision of the Protection and Resilience Officer and direct supervision of the Project Field Coordinator in Adana the incumbent will be responsible in providing health counselling services on the above-mentioned project. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible in the project coordination of the Adana Metropolitan Municipality Migrant Centre in close cooperation with IOM Türkiye programme teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Meet migrants and refugees at the Municipal Migrant Center (“Center”) to provide necessary information and referral services to ease their access to health services and increase their health literacy,
2.Identify health problems migrants and refugees are having and take steps to provide them with necessary health support in coordination with relevant health institutions and organizations under the supervision of program team.
3.Carry out proper case management on health in coordination with Center’s counselling units such as social services, community support, education etc. Carry out proper referrals to IOM programs and units such as shelter, protection, emergency case management, outreach. Use the documents and templates such as interagency referral forms, official letters and requests for the referrals.
4.Contribute to the organization of health awareness sessions such as reproductive health, mother baby care, infections, epidemics, breast-feeding, nutrition etc. ensure that all activities run smoothly. If there is distribution of hygiene kits, ensure the list of beneficiaries are identified in advance and shared with the Project Field Coordinator. Verify the distribution is done smoothly and according to all IOM procedures.
5.Collect requests of migrants and refugees in accessing health services and conduct focus group discussions while planning future activities in coordination with Center staff.
6.Meet and liaise with relevant local public authorities and civil society organizations to improve access to health services for migrants and refugees,
7.Report weekly, monthly, periodic achievements, progress, challenges, actions taken, lesson learned in realization of activities and duties
8.Follow up the activities with IOM support units such as logistic, PI, MEAL, QC etc.
9.Provide necessary information, feedback, documentation regarding the development of IOM internal procedures and in center work flow.
10.Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Completed bachelor’s degree in health, public health, migrant health promotion, social services with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in relevant field and in working with vulnerable groups;
- Proven experience in facilitating health activities for migrants;
- Knowledgeable in organizing health related workshops;
- Proven analytical, interpersonal, mediation and organizational skills;
- Excellent level of computer literacy;
- Experience in liaising with migrant communities;
- Prior experience working with migrant children will be an advantage
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
This is a local position and applications from candidates for non-Turkish citizens holding a valid residence permit residing in Türkiye might be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 5 June 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Senior Project Assistant (CS)-re-advertised
- Consultant (IT)-re-advertised
- Finance Assistant
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (CS) - re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- ICT Intern-re-advertised
- Field Security Associate
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant-re-advertised
- ICT Intern (FabLab)-re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Livelihood)-re-advertised
- Project Support Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Security Intern
- Migration Health Nurse-re-advertised