Vacancy Notice Number:
Project Administrative Assistant (AVRR)
5 months Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract
Ankara – Turkey
Deadline of Applications:
25 May 2022
Number of Vacant positions:
Internal & External Candidates
IOM is working with the Presidency of Migration Management (PMM) to strengthen services under offered to beneficiaries of Assisted Voluntary Return & Reintegration (AVRR) under the Assisted Voluntary & Return Program.
IOM therefore aims to support in the communication and referrals of AVRR beneficiaries throughout Turkey, as well as strengthening referral and coordination protocols between all relevant stakeholders and enhancing monitoring and evaluation of assistance provided. Such assistance will cover all IOM eligible AVRR beneficiaries regardless of their nationality and/or status, and as such is envisaged to include both ‘crisis-affected’ and ‘non-crisis affected’ beneficiaries.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager and the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer in Ankara, Turkey, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the AVRR activities of the mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support implementation and monitoring of day-to-day activities and administrative and financial processes of the project(s) under direct coordination of the supervisor; report regularly on the challenges and progress recorded in realization of activities
- Support in the implementation of IOM projects in the Migrant Protection and Assistance (MPA) Division, which can include, but is not limited to, tasks ranging from assistance in organizing workshops, meeting and conferences, and liaison with national counterparts.
- Report regularly to IOM on referrals of potential and actual AVRR beneficiaries to and from PMM as well as the assistance provided, including through completion of the necessary forms and documentation in accordance with IOM standards for assisting AVRR beneficiaries
- Retrieve, compile, summarize, analyse, and present information/data on specific project topics.
- Provide regular feedback, on an as-needed basis, on additional needs/gaps in referral protocols and assistance measures for AVRR beneficiaries and support the MPA project team in conceptualization and development of new ideas as necessary.
- Liaise with relevant partners including PMM, NGOs, etc. to ensure effective partnerships, resource sharing and flow of information (with full respect for the principle of confidentiality), and effective assistance measures in full accordance with national and international standards
- Participate in relevant trainings/workshops to learn from and contribute to strengthening capacity of relevant partners in identification, referral and assistance of AVRR beneficiaries.
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of assistance provided to AVRR beneficiaries in Turkey.
- Contribute to the development of relevant tools and guidelines to support the effective identification, referral and assistance of AVRR beneficiaries in Turkey.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience;
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Good familiarity with case management environment.
- Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national / international institutions.
- Completion of the learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position is an asset.
- Prior experience in assisting vulnerable groups including victims of trafficking is an asset.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic and Persian is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered. The approval of current employer (If applicable) is necessary for holding this position and advance written permission from current employer is necessary before assigned duties.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number and the city applied for in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 25 May 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.