Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aid to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards of the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
General View of the Position:
The FS, ERL, and MPCA Program Officer leads all the programmatic and operational aspects of projects in the department. She will supervise and coordinate staff, set goals and guidelines, manage budgets and schedules, gather and analyze data, produce progress reports, oversee effective management and relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders, oversee the interventions throughout the projects’ cycle, including budget oversight (expenditure planning and expenditure monitoring together with the FS, ERL, and MPCA Program Coordinator and officers), lead in preparing and developing high-quality program plans, including Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) and procurement plans, progress and donor reports, ensure appropriate monitoring and project quality, and enhance internal and external learning and representation. Furthermore, contribute to the overall guidance of the program and expert technical advice on timely and high-quality implementation and results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Management and Development:
- Carry out detailed planning and drive the delivery of plans for initiatives and work to achieve FS ERL’s strategic plan priorities.
- Contribute to effective risk management, per Bahar’s risk framework.
- Deliver and improve business functions and use project and program management disciplines to support the delivery of key initiatives.
- Support the program coordinator in constructing a Concept Note/proposal.
- Contribute to related technical support in follow-up, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the associated emergency and resilience projects and programs.
- Participate in the program review, design, and implementation plans to identify the beneficiaries and their needs.
- Coordination, tracking, support planning, reporting, and smooth implementation of the program scope and projects' activities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day projects’ monitoring/implementation to ensure that the projects effectively and efficiently achieve their objectives in accordance with Bahar/donor guidelines and principles for a specific geographical area.
- Contribute to the overall guidance of the projects and expert technical advice on timely and high-quality implementation and results.
- Contribute to the detailed projects’ work plans in line with the budget collaborate with stakeholders, and make necessary arrangements for the overall successful implementation.
- Ensure effective implementation monitoring approaches and provide inputs to the required reports.
- Ensure consistent coordination between the FS, ERL, and MPCA departments and other support/operations departments including the liaison team to ensure quality and timely implementation of the project’s activities.
- Oversee the overall implementation of the designated projects in accordance with the project proposals/contract, while ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget.
- Follow up with MEAL Dept. to ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments against project objectives are conducted and complaints are responded to in a timely manner.
- Modify the implementation plan of the projects as required and share it with focal points and stakeholders (if needed) Including Kick-Off meetings, regular follow-up meetings),
- Set periodic meetings with other departments to discuss the progress of the projects and find solutions for any existing and potential barriers and challenges.
- Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Bahar, donor, country, and international standards.
- Promote the use of operating procedures, ensuring that all standardized formats are used, and guidelines followed.
· Keep necessary data records, beneficiary information, and documentation.
- Maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g., local authorities, donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs) and represent Bahar at relevant meetings (e.g., technical working groups, cluster meetings, workshops, etc.) to facilitate and ensure cooperation and partnerships.
HQ and Field Team:
- Provide technical support to the project team at the field level.
- Liaise between Turkey and Syria teams.
- Supervise and manage the field teams related directly to the project.
- Receive project implementation and progress reports from the related Field Project coordinator, revise and submit them to the Program Coordinator, and help improve the quality of the reporting draft.
- Receive and revise M&E reports and act according to their recommendations.
- Prepare and submit periodic project progress reports to donors (as relevant).
- Ensure complete, timely, and quality reporting of activities to the Program Coordinator/Manager.
- Determine any specific need for capacity building related to the position and inform the Program Coordinator.
- Provide related training to the field team (the method is discussed with the Programmes Manager and HR.
- Attending related training held by donors, other NGOs, partners, etc. as nominated by the Program Manager.
- Deliver training to the field teams remotely and face-to-face.
- Reflect the vision and values of Bahar with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Adhere to all HR policies as per the HR manual and code of policy including the 4 Humanitarian Principles, Joint Operation Procedures, “Do No Harm” Principles, and data protection.
- Ensure full completion of any other work and tasks requested by the line manager and/or Program Manager.
- Flag any potential risk to Bahar reputation, underspending, or overspending to the Program Coordinator.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form at the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
- Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged