Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Mececins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion. Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population. DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya Office - Hatay, the Program Director reports directly to the General Director. S/he manages directly the Program Team made of 160 staff.
The Program Director is part of the Coordination Team.
- Supervising the implementation of DDD programs in North West Syria (Idlib and Afrin);
- Ensuring the coordination and standardization of the program between the different hubs;
- Providing leadership and support to staff under line-management;
- Contributing with program inputs in the production of proposals;
- Following up context updates;
- Regularly reporting to line manager.
- Represents the organisation towards donors, partners, authorities and other stakeholders and ensure coordination of field visits (partners, donor, etc.);
- Ensure regular interaction, information sharing, and collaboration with other humanitarian actors (UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs), and in particular with the organizations with similar programs.
- Work with the DG to design/redefine DDD’s operational strategy in Syria and ensure that new strategic orientations are taken into consideration and are implemented at field level;
- Ensure the development of the general strategy within the Syria Coordination team and ensure that teams are clearly directed and supported on the overall operational plan;
- Organize coordination meetings to ensure an effective communication and cooperation between all departments;
- Act as a link between the organization and its partners ensure that partnership tools and mechanisms are in place
- Ensure DDD intervention is always respectful to DDD mandate, values and internal rules; to local cultural and legal rules and that all team members are committed to the respect of the different DDD’s policies (Code of Conduct, Anti-Abuse Policy, etc.);
- Responsible for DDD’s operational strategy in Syria and ensure that new strategic orientations are
- Coordination of different DDD Programs staffs through regular coordination and bilateral meetings;
- Contribute to DDD partnership strategy & develop, in collaboration with Fieldcos & Technical unit, partnership capacity building plans & operational guidelines for project implementation
- Ensure regular feedback at field level on key facts and related decision following analysis of program performance;
- Work with the security liaison officer to monitor the evolving humanitarian situation both in-country and at international level and consider strategic and immediate responses in coordination with the Field Coordinators, the General Director and DDD President.
- Lead the response to emergencies together with the FieldCo involved.
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Ensure application and respect of the Internal Regulation by your related staff;
- Support and advise DDD Syria team in the implementation of the programs;
- Responsible for the well-being of all team members; conduct regular team building activities; monitor and support stress management, including regular documented team meetings for planning and reporting purposes
- Participate in the recruitment of key international and national staff positions
- Contribute to ensure a progressive nationalization of expatriate project positions throughout the period (action plan, milestone, etc.);
- Support staff in their management duty: coordination meetings, individual interviews, etc.
- Ensure briefing and follow up of teams, including security and program briefings for new arrivals.
- Participate in the regular evaluations and training planning of the staff.
- Provide regular reporting on your activities to your line manager upon his/her solicitation (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.);
- Work with the reporting officer to ensure monthly situation reports (SITREP) are comprehensive and sent in a timely manner.
- Support the production of proposals (mainly by defining its content at operations and technical level) and reporting towards donor and authorities, led by Senior M&E Coordinator;
- Provide weekly security updates when required;
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience as Program/Field Coordinator in humanitarian/emergency contexts
- Academic Background in Public Health will be a plus
- Proven Project Management and Monitoring skills
- Proven managerial experience
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience in the Middle East would be a strong asset
- Experience on medical programs
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
- Required: English (oral and written)
- Preferred: Arabic, Turkish
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- GYNAECOLOGIST - AFRİN
- GYNAECOLOGIST - JINDIRES
- MIDWIFE ASSISTANT - JINDIRES
- GRANTS COORDINATOR - İSTANBUL
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR - ISTANBUL
- SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER - ISTANBUL
- Case Management Assistant - Bağcılar
- PSYCHIATRY REFERENT - ANTAKYA
- FINANCE MANAGER - ANTAKYA
- SRH MANAGER-ANTAKYA
- FINANCE COORDINATOR - ISTANBUL
- PHC DOCTOR-IDLIB
- PHC DOCTOR TEAM LEADER - IDLIB
- NURSE - IDLIB
- MIDWIFE- IDLIB
- MEDICAL SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- LOGISTICS OFFICER - IDLIB
- LIAISON OFFICER - IDLIB
- LEISHMANIASIS MEDICAL SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- ADMINISTRATIVE&HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER-IDLIB
- DRIVER - IDLIB
- CLEANER - IDLIB
- MEAL COORDINATOR - ISTANBUL