Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities Afrin provinces and Idlib to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in DDD Head Office in Istanbul, the Programme Coordinator Turkey reports directly to the Deputy Programme Director. S/he will manage directly the Turkey Programme Team.
Status: 12 months Fixed-Term contract with optional extension
Expected Starting date: ASAP
- Programme Coordination
- Team Management and Capacity Building
- Actively engage in representation activities to increase DDD visibility;
- Participate in cluster meetings at national and local level;
- Liaise with operational and institutional partners at National Level (INGOs, NGOs, Authorities), upon line manager’s request;
- Represent DDD towards INGOs/NGOs for potential new partnerships;
- Represent DDD towards donors and other stakeholders;
- Participate in advocacy and communication operations organised by the organisation;
Programme Coordination (35%)
- Ensure the intervention abide by DDD mandate, values and internal rules; to local cultural and legal rules;
- Ensure all team members respect DDD’s policies (Code of Conduct, Anti-Abuse Policy, etc.);
- Contribute to improve/redefine DDD’s operational strategy in Turkey and to ensure new strategic orientations are taken into consideration and are implemented at field level;
- Ensure good communication –coordination– information level between the various DDD Programme and team members through regular coordination and bilateral meetings;
- Regular visits to Field Offices;
- Contribute to improve DDD partnership strategy & develop, in collaboration with Field & Technical Coordinators, partnership capacity improvement plans & operational guidelines for project implementation;
- Closely collaborate, promote and facilitate the intervention of the Technical Unit in order to contribute to improve the quality of DDD activities;
- Ensure the provision of regular feedback at field level on key facts and related decision following analysis of programme performance;
- Monitor the evolving humanitarian situation in the country and at international level; and consider strategic and immediate responses in coordination with the Field Coordinators, the Deputy Programme Director and the Programme Director;
- Reviewing and finalizing monthly project updates based on information received from the implementation and field team
- Reviewing when necessary all project documents including project proposal, budget, inception meeting documents, monthly updates, interim and final reports
- Draw up plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team, program and financial staff;
- Work closely with DDD local partner to develop their capacity and make sure that partnership agreement and overall project is implemented properly;
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are in compliant with donor/s and DDD procedures;
- Ensure administrative, financial and logistical DDD systems/procedures are respected, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently;
- Responsible for accurate budget control and follow up and overall responsibility for financial management at the project site in line with project proposals (DDD and implementing partner);
Team Management and Capacity Building (35%)
- Ensure strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation by staff under line management;
- Support and advise team in the implementation of the projects;
- Responsible for the well-being of all team members; conduct regular team building activities; monitor and support stress management, including regular documented team meetings for planning and reporting purposes;
- Participate within the panel in the recruitment of key international and national staff positions;
- Concerned and aware of personal and professional evolution of each staff member, and its development within the mission;
- Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within team members;
- Propose relevant adaptation of the mission organisational chart; and contribute to its implementation (job descriptions, etc.), in collaboration with the Deputy Programme Director, the Operations Director (Support Services) and HR department;
- Support staff in their management duty: coordination meetings, individual appraisals, etc.;
- Participate in the regular staff evaluations and training plan;
- Provide regular reporting of activities to the line manager upon his/her solicitation (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.);
- Contribute to the monthly situation report (SITREP) by providing relevant data related to position and team activities (consolidation of information from team members);
- Support production of proposals (mainly by defining its content at operations and technical level) and reporting towards donor and authorities, led by M&E Coordinator;
- Contribute to donors reporting as per the workplan (monthly, quarterly, final reports)
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (International Affairs, Public Policy, Social Work, etc.)
- Master’s degree preferred
- 4-8 years related non-profit work experience, preferably in the field of humanitarian aid and program management.
- Previous international experience in INGO´s
Turkish and Arabic (oral and written) is an asset.
IT & Equipment
- Proficient using of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and file sharing software;
- Proficient in computerised accounting systems and strong spreadsheet skills;
General Qualities required:
- Written and spoken communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary;
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills;
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
The deadline for submitting the applications is 13.12.2022.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.