Programme Associate SC6 (NGO Partnership & FLA Management) Mersin VA042-2023
|UN World Food Programme||Mersin|
|Arapça (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Türkçe (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )|
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and genderbalance. Female and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than 03 October 2023.
CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
Eligibility: Turkish nationals or those holding a valid Turkish residency permit
Type of Contract : Service Contract (SC6)
Contract Duration : 12 Months
Duty Station : Mersin, Turkey
Number of employees required: 1
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We arethe world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using foodassistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering fromconflict, disasters and the impact of climate change. The mission of WFP is to help the worldachieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no childgoes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children,can access the nutritious food they need.
The job holder is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independentlyto various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealingwith unforeseen operational problems daily. Job holder is expected to manage resources andcoach and coordinate support staff, able to recommend a course of action to staff at variouslevels and may allocate tasks to other support staff, perform basic analysis and compile reportsto support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes. /projects,facilitate proper implementation of the Field Level Agreements with Cooperating partners.
The position is required to ensure effective management of field level agreements with WFPcooperating partners who implement different types of programs and projects.
1. Lead/facilitate the actions required to complete all the processes of partnership managementcycle with cooperating partners responsible for implementing WFP activities (CP selection, DueDiligence reports, capacity assessment exercise, performance evaluation exercise, oversight,audit, and other missions), and administering related tools and reports.
2. Facilitate the negotiations with the potential partners according to rules and regulations andProgram priorities, with ensuring cost efficiency and quality programming.
3. Follow up on clearances of Field Level Agreements (FLAs) by Head of Office, Country OfficeActivity and Technical Units, share the required documents and clearances for CooperatingPartner Committee's approval, and defend proposals during the Cooperating PartnerCommittee's meeting and support agreement issuance .
4. Lead on FLAs financial management (review monthly invoices, budget tracking sheets, andsupporting documents, responsible for administrative documentation and record-keeping, to facilitate timely payment of partners, timely review, reconciliation, and submission of monthlydistribution reports).
5. Conduct budget analysis and expense behavior analysis for partners' budgets.
6. Perform quarterly/annual financial reconciliation as required.
7. Clear payments submitted by partners, and ensure related information are timely posted onrelevant systems: WINGS and ITS.
8. Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g.COMET, WINGS other tools and trackers) following corporate standards and guidelines.
9. Verify special cases on reported commodities losses, waivers and budget reallocationrequests.
and capacity strengthening:
10. Conduct orientation/information sessions to potential/selected partners where needed.
11. Provide guidance, training, and insight to partners as required.
12. Support capacity strengthening initiatives of cooperating partners.
13. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice andguidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
14. Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the relatedfunctional area is desirable.
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Turkish. Knowledge of Arabic, both oral and writtencommunication, is an asset.
Experience: At least 6 or more years of relevant work experience experience specifically in the financefield.
Experience with managing project budgets.
Experience and proficiency with data visualization tools to present programmeimplementation progress.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Has experience with project support and managing project budgets
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.)
- Has contributed to implementation of programs
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted and will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
Applications and CV in PDF format must be submitted online and include the following:
1. Be in English language only
2. Indicate exact Positions Titles
3. List all job responsibilities, experience (start and end date of employment for each position encumbered: From(dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
4. Include previous employers by Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
5. List contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, or freelancer
Please remember that proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Candidates must receive anauto confirmation email once the application is submitted.
By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong, orincomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements,merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive workenvironment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind ofharassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates willundergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN AdvisoryCommittee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil ServiceCommission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee,Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system withoversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasingthat service.