ASRA, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organisation which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
ASRA, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyse the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organisations to crisis regions.
ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK
The position will be supporting Program and Technical Team (MHPSS and Protection) in their activities related to program planning and coordination, program support and reporting. Main responsibilities will include organization of trainings, complaiation of progress reports and training plans, along with supporting the team in proposal development, especially in terms of capturing secondary data available.
Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills, which include a strong command of professional English. Priority will be given to candidates with experience in working on protection-related projects and with international NGOs. Additionally, experience in providing trainings on protection-related subjects will be an asset.
Scope of Work:
Program Planning and Coordination
- Maintain frequent and pro-active communication with Program Coordinator and Technical Managers (MHPSS and Protection) to report on implementation of program activities and objectives, operational needs or constraints, program successes, and any seen or unforeseen challenges that are encountered during program implementation;
- Assist Program Coordinator and Technical Managers to maintain close, monthly communication and positive working relations at all times with the local implementing partners, donor representatives and international stakeholders;
- Contribute to Programme design to ensure adherence to international standards, including support in proposal development and program modifications;
- Assist in planning and communicating program activities effectively and precisely with all stakeholders to safeguards the reputation and long-term strategy of the organization at all times;
- Assist and attend program visits, that are relevant to the program planning and coordination, and prepare field visit reports and meeting minutes after each coordination meeting;
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with MHPSS and Protection technical teams in supporting partner’s program implementation and trainings;
- Consolidate program training plan in collaboration with technical supervisors and support the conduct of regular training activities;
- Coordinate planning and following up of logistical and administrative arrangements for trainings, and ensure an efficient resource utilization and close cooperation between project team, as well as all involved stakeholders;
- Travel as necessary to program sites and activity locations in Turkey;
- Ensure shared files are updated with finalized documents, including training plans and reports;
- Regularly research, follow-up, compile and share information/data on national developments, reports, publishing, and other relevant documentation on relevant issues;
- Assist in compiling and/or writing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, ensuring statistics are correct and reports and outcomes of the country programs;
- Contribute to reviewing partner’s progress reports prior to submission for technical review;
- Assist in the preparation of various written updates for donors, HQ and other recipients as necessary;
- Translate documents (English-Turkish) as necessary;
- Undertake other duties as required.
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve MSYD-ASRA’s goals in Turkey.
- University degree in international relations/development, social science, law, psychology, or another related field; MA/S or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years (of which at least 2 years in the field) of professional experience in program management and reporting, preferably in projects supported by international NGOs.
- Good program management skills, with substantial experience managing large portfolios of programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong English proficiency, especially in professional writing
- Substantial experience in Protection, both overall Protection and in sub-sectors of Child Protection, GBV including with IDPs and refugees.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment of, design, and delivery of relevant Protection programming.
- Good experience in training and capacity building on Protection technical areas with a variety of stakeholders.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles and Protection frameworks, tools, and minimum standards.
- Professional, hardworking, and a self-motivated person.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; collaborative approach with the ability to work within different cultural environments.
- Positive and solutions-oriented leader focused on teambuilding, problem solving, and support to the teams and beneficiary communities.
- Flexibility and can cope with stressful workload and working with limited resources.
- Ability to travel on short notice to project sites (including south-east of Turkey) by car or air.