Position: Procurement Officer (5 Months)
Job Location: Gaziantep
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Key relationships: Project Finance/ Finance Department, Supply chain Department, Grant Department
General objective of the position:
The Procurement Officer is responsible for administering all procurement related activities for the Procurement section.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Processes, assists, and manages general procurement needs in accordance with donor guidelines and in accordance with US and Turkish laws when relevant.
- Works closely with the Turkey grants department to plan and coordinate procurements needs
- Creates requests for quotes, drafts bids, and organizes all bid documentations for goods and services
- Obtain quotes from vendors, and serves as the focal point for communication with all vendors
- Presents names of potential vendors to the SAMS HQ so that they make complete the necessary anti-terrorist compliance checks.
- Ensure that all bids are received by deadline and that all necessary information and documentation from vendor is obtained.
- Negotiates for best purchasing package (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned.
- Evaluates bids from proposals and prepares bid analysis documents and submits all bid analysis and all pertinent information to country office
- Assists with selection equipment and consumables that fit within the criteria decided upon by the SAMS technical advisors, including criteria for quality, price range, country of origin, and brand. The compliance officer will also make sure that equipment is selected in accordance to grant requirements and pre-approvals.
- Ensures that all bids are in compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Maintains a complete and updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system. The logistics officer will also work closely with the finance and grant teams to ensure all needed documentation for grant financial reports, including, invoices, signed receipts, shipping and handling papers, and anti-terrorist compliance checks are correct and properly stored and archived.
- Schedules store visits and conducts competitor surveys.
- Monitors and co-ordinates deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to the agreed upon destination.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: business Management, Economics, Accountancy, Finance, or any other related field.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in Procurement, and supply-chain management
- Fluency written and spoken in Arabic
- Intermediate written and spoken in English
- Pre-intermediate written and spoken Turkish
- Microsoft office
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork skills
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link
Last date for application is July/ 10 / 2020