Vacancy Notice Number:
Gaziantep - Türkiye
Deadline of Applications:
11 October 2022
Number of People to be hired
Internal and External Candidates
Under the general supervision of the Procurement Officer (SPO) and direct supervision of the Senior Procurement Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible in the for procurement, logistics and general administrative tasks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and ensure up that the “Assets Assignment Forms” are signed by the recipients when assigning assets to IOM staff members for work related matters.
- Support and ensure that the “Assets Handover Forms” are signed by the staff member when handing over assets back to stock.
- Support with carry out the annual assets physical count for the entire mission. Keep the assets inventory records instantly updated of all IOM assets.
- Undertake all asset related transactions such as disposal (ADFs) and transfer (ATFs) between IOM Turkey and other missions by coordination with CAS in MAC and ensure appropriate records are kept in the file including the duly signed Donation Agreements and/or Donation Acceptance Forms.
- Assist in organizing procurement and logistics processes, including tenders for procurement transactions for the Mission in consultation and coordination with relevant IOM staff.
- Contribute to contract negotiations with vendors, suppliers and other partners.
- Maintain and regularly update the contract (excluding HR contracts), procurement and administrative hard copies and electronic data bases.
- Assist in the day-to-day procurement requirements of the Mission.
- Source and evaluate local vendors for the Mission in accordance with IOM Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of tenders, quotations and relevant activities of the Mission.
- Perform such other relevant duties as may be assigned.
- Enrolled in the final academic year or graduated within one year of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, International Relations or a relevant field; or,
- Enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Excellent communication skills;
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues within a team from varied cultures and professional backgrounds is also desired.
- Team player;
- Maintain high ethical standard and confidentiality.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honors commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two- way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 11 October 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.