The Syria Recovery Trust Fund (SRTF) was established for the financing of reconstruction activities to rebuild the country and alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people as a result of the ongoing conflict. The SRTF was created to provide the international community with a vehicle to offer financial support to the National Coalition for responding to the needs of the Syrian people.
The Management Unit (MU) was established to manage the Fund and its allocations to projects addressing reconstruction, recovery, and stabilization to alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people.
The governing bodies of SRTF are:
- The Steering Board (SB), with frequent meetings two times a year.
- The Management Committee (MC), meeting every three months.
- The Director General of SRTF (DG).
- Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Procurement Section, the Procurement Associate provides procurement services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Procurement Associate contributes through his/her comprehensive knowledge of the Turkish market, selection of qualified vendors, and a results-oriented approach in the Section. He/She works in close collaboration with the Procurement Officer, the operations, programme, and projects’ staff to exchange information and ensures consistent service delivery.
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
- Assisting the Procurement Officer and the Head of Procurement Section (PRSH).
- Visiting and assessing new potential suppliers in the Turkish market for inclusion in the suppliers’ database.
- Assistance with the preparation of bids, contracts, and purchase orders for provision of goods, services, and works.
- Follow up on bid deadlines, correspondences, and contracts.
- Keeping a record of all received bids from suppliers.
- Coordination with the Programme section to ensure approvals are granted in a timely manner in compliance with the procurement and operations procedures and manuals.
- Follow up with suppliers and compliance section on vetting information.
- Control of procurement forms, specifications, and other technical information relevant to procurement procedures.
- Assurance of full compliance of procurement activities with organization’s rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Assist in Inspections of material with Programme staff.
- Monitoring of the stages of delivery of ongoing procurement processes.
- Clerical work, scanning of documents related to procurement activities.
- Maintaining the procurement overview.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics, integrity, and sound judgment in multi-cultural workspace;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encouraging the learning of others;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet organization’s needs and deadlines.
3. Supervision and guidance received
- The Incumbent will work under the guidance of the Procurement Officer and under the supervision of the Head of the Procurement Section;
- The Incumbent shall collaborate with and coordinate on procurement issues with other Procurement Officers on tasks assigned to him/ her.
4. Qualifications/ Experience/ Language
- University degree in Business Administration or a relevant business field is desirable;
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience is required at the national level:
- Experience in procurement of inputs from Vendors in the Turkish market;
- Experience in sourcing goods and services relevant to key sectors, such as public infrastructure, electricity, water supply, health services, agriculture, and mechanization;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Turkish market for identifying vendors in response to emergency aid and rehabilitation, including transport services;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Procurement Certificates (e.g. CIPS) would be an asset;
- Good communications skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of written and spoken Turkish and English.
- Knowledge of other languages spoken in the region shall be positively evaluated;
5. Duration of Assignment
Annual contract renewable, with a 3-month probation period.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and GOPA/ SRTF Project policies, procedures, and values all the time and in all in-country venues.
GOPA/ SRTF Project has the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with GOPA/ SRTF Project at the same grade level and with similar job descriptions, experience, and educational requirements.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOPA/ SRTF Project reserves the right to amend this document.
We can work together on it.
GOPA Infra GmbH Türkiye
GOPA has a strong presence in the Middle East, Our centre of competencies; local team and local partners puts us in a better position for having strong experience with working conditions in the region, to serve our beneficiaries, and to develop services that meet their needs and match their level of requirements.