The International Organization for Migration is seeking qualified Turkish Nationals for the following position based in Istanbul, Turkey.
Vacancy Notice Number:
Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Deadline of Applications:
6 July 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Logistics / Procurement Officer in Ankara with close coordination with the Head of Sub-office in Istanbul, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics and Procurement Assistant in Istanbul, the incumbent will be responsible the following tasks:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support IOM’s humanitarian activities including: organize and maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services, storage and warehousing, documentation, and equipment up-grading.
- Maintain close contacts with the Senior Logistics and Procurement Assistant regarding procurement requests and requirements and consolidate them.
- Verify the Purchase Requisition Forms submitted to Procurement Unit for completeness regarding needful signatures, WBS/s and the final authorization of the programme and CoM or his designated officer.
- Assist in collecting quotations, preparing bids analysis, processing Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Identify vendors and participate in evaluation of them against performance, reliability, quality, price, delivery in respect of organizations’ best interests and donor mandates. Taking under consideration while conducting a bidding process, the value of money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after selling services, and the company profile / reputation.
- Post all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) into PRISM FI accurately and timely; properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system.
- Ensure a suitable delivery period which meets the projects implementation schedule.
- Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep customers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Ensure through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
- Register all the newly procured assets in PRISM and assign respective Assets Master Numbers.
- Ensure that the “Goods Receipt Notes” are acknowledged by the Requisitioner when the services/works are rendered and/or the goods are received.
- Support with submitting documentation Payment Requests to the Finance Unit to execute in-Mission Payments. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- Process customs clearance paperwork and formalities, as well as the receipt of the consignments and cargo shipments.
- Follow-up on the kitchen needs, office needs, supplies, and stationery in Istanbul Office and replenish when needed. Ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss.
- Update archiving system with proper labels while ensuring that all procurement files are accurately documented and arranged for secure and systematic filing of all logistics related documents, POs, contracts, etc.
- Conduct outdoor activities when necessary for checking prices, collecting bids, procuring with cash, handing over the commodities to the beneficiaries, etc.
- Assist with the preparations of the program’s workshops and training activities/events, in relation to hotels arrangements, catering services, technical equipment’s rental and translation related services.
- Assist with contracting the security guarding services for the EU selection missions and submitting reconciling the monthly payments.
- When required, drive IOM vehicle for official/authorized business either for transporting IOM staff members and/or due to other type of service (visiting the market, government entities, airport, customs, vehicles service and registration, etc) as per the authorized routing following the UNDSS/SSU rules and regulations, and as advised by the Senior Logistics Officer.
- Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields with at least three years of relevant professional experience, or;
- High school degree with at least four years of relevant professional experience.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Turkish, both written and spoken
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 6 July 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.