Vacancy Notice Number:
Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Ankara – Türkiye
9 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4)- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
6 December 2023
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Supply Chain Officer in Ankara and under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics / Procurement Assistant in Ankara, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support IOM’s humanitarian activities including: carrying out tasks related to procurement.
- Assist Senior Logistics and Procurement Assistant in Ankara regarding procurement requests and requirements and consolidate them.
- Verify the Purchase Requisition Forms submitted to Procurement Unit for completeness regarding needful signatures, WBS/s and the final authorization of the programme and CoM or his/her designated officer.
- Assist in collecting quotations/proposals, preparing Purchase Requisitions in IOM Turkey Portal and preparing bids analysis when required.
- Post all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) into PRISM FI accurately and timely; properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system.
- Follow-up on Purchase Orders status and keep customers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Verify through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
- Register all the newly procured assets in PRISM and assign respective Assets Master Numbers. Properly tag Asset Code stickers on the newly procured assets reflecting the Asset Master Number generated by PRISM.
- Prepare and Submit with supporting documentation Payment Requests to the Finance Unit to execute in-Mission Payments. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- Assist Senior Logistics and Procurement Assistant with the preparations of the programs, workshops and training activities/events, in relation to hotels arrangements, catering services, technical equipment’s rental and translation related services.
- Update and keep the archiving system with proper labels. Ensure that all procurement files are accurately documented and arranged for secure and systematic filing of all logistics related documents, contracts, LTAs, etc.
- When required, drive IOM vehicle for official/authorized business either for transporting IOM staff members and/or due to other type of service (visiting the market, government entities, airport, customs, vehicles service and registration, etc) as per the authorized routing following the UNDSS/SSU rules and regulations, and as advised by the Senior Supply Chain Officer.
- Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
- University Degree in business administration, Logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields with two years of relevant experience or
- Completed High school from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency:
Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering Results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
This is a local position and applications from candidates for non-Turkish citizens holding a valid residence permit residing in Türkiye might be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 6 December 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.