Vacancy Notice Number:
Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Gaziantep – Türkiye
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G5)- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
11 October 2022
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall guidance of the Procurement Officer in Gaziantep and under the direct supervision of the Sr. Procurement/ Logistics Assistant in Gaziantep, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support IOM’s humanitarian activities including maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services, asset management, documentation, and equipment up-grading.
- Maintain close contacts with the Sr. Procurement/ Logistics Assistant in Gaziantep regarding procurement requests and requirements, to consolidate overall procurement requirements and optimize purchasing power.
- Verify the Purchase Requisition Forms submitted to Procurement Unit for completeness regarding needful signatures, WBS/s and the final authorization of the programme and CoM or his designated officer.
- Post all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) into PRISM FI accurately and timely; properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system.
- Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep customers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Ensure through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
- Submit with supporting documentation Payment Requests to the Finance Unit to execute in-Mission Payments. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- Register all the newly procured assets in PRISM and assign respective Assets Master Numbers. Properly tag Asset Code stickers on the newly procured assets reflecting the Asset Master Number generated by PRISM.
- Ensure that the “Assets Assignment Forms” are signed by the recipients when assigning assets to IOM staff members for work related matters. Ensure that the “Assets Handover Forms” are signed by the staff member when handing over assets back to stock.
- Carry out the annual assets physical count for the entire mission, update the list in PRISM. Keep the assets inventory records instantly updated of all IOM assets.
- Undertake all asset related transactions such as disposal (ADFs) and transfer (ATFs) between IOM Turkey and other missions by coordination with CAS in MAC and ensure appropriate records are kept in the file including the duly signed Donation Agreements and/or Donation Acceptance Forms.
- Performing custom clearance operations to release items imported by IOM. Responsible for the dispatch and receipt of the consignments and cargo shipments.
- Responsible with all mobile communication related matters entire mission as corporate focal point. Placing order for SIM cards following necessary approval obtained. Activating/deactivating mobile phone lines and data lines. Contacting service provider to fix any technical issue. Review and response user requests timely. Control monthly bills against any unusual activity such as excessive usage. Generate reports for finance and procurement unit.
- Initiate vendor account creation process as focal point. Review on required documents, convert them to compatible file format and upload them into PRISM for final approval.
- When required, drive IOM vehicle for official/authorized business either for transporting IOM staff members and/or due to other type of service (visiting the market, government entities, airport, customs, vehicles service and registration, etc) as per the authorized routing following the UNDSS/SSU rules and regulations, and as advised by the Procurement Officer.
- Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in business administration, Logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields with three years of relevant experience or
- School certificate with five years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 11 October 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Senior Project Assistant (CS)-re-advertised
- Consultant (IT)-re-advertised
- Finance Assistant
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (CS) - re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- ICT Intern-re-advertised
- Field Security Associate
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant-re-advertised
- ICT Intern (FabLab)-re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Livelihood)-re-advertised
- Project Support Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Security Intern
- Migration Health Nurse-re-advertised