Position Title: Photography and Videography Consultant
Location: Gaziantep, Kilis, Hatay
Duration: 1 Feb 2022- 20 Feb 2022
Reports to: Senior Grants and Reporting Officer
The consultant will be responsible for documenting RI’s project activities and producing a catalogue of photographs, promos, and videos. These products, to be disseminated through various online channels such as RI’s partners’ and donor’s websites and social media platforms, will be used for raising the awareness of the general public and stakeholders about RI’s programs.
Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities
RI has been working in Turkey since 2013. Currently RI implements activities in 5 provinces across Turkey, providing specialized health service delivery for refugees, focusing on mental health and psychosocial support services (MHPSS), physiotherapy, prosthesis & orthotics, community health and livelihood support;
Responsibilities and Duties:
The consultant will be required to do the following:
- Visit selected project sites in Hatay, Kilis and Gaziantep provinces and interact with the implementing partners and beneficiaries to develop the content and the work/production plan through close coordination with RI
- Capture high resolution images of RI’s activities in Turkey;
- That are to be suitable for storyboarding
- Reflective for the provided services
- Produce 3 videos (around 3 minutes per each) showcasing:
- Project services including interviews with RI and partner staff
- Beneficiary referral pathway –displaying the overall service flow within the center
- Success stories including interviews with beneficiaries, service providers, etc.
- Produce promos for the center services information and visibility
- Obtain consent from individuals featured in the photographs and videos using RI’s consent form;
- Ensure RI and donor’s visibility
- Carry out the activities in accordance with humanitarian principles and RI procedures in coordination with RI focal point
- A collection of 80 high-resolution photographs at minimum uploaded online highlighting RI’s work in physical rehabilitation centers (4 facilities and on average 20 photographs for each );
- RI consent forms for each person photographed / featured in the videos (including RI and centers’ staff);
- The photos must be accompanied by brief captions relating to the subject of the picture and an explanatory sheet with background information (date, country, city/region, project, name and role of the person on the photo. if applicable).
- 3 videos on different project sites showcasing program activities, success stories, and post-edited to include voice over, information texts and subtitles in English and Turkish.
- 4 promos (1 per each center) around 30 seconds for each, presenting center services with acknowledgement of donor funding
- Photos and videos must be uploaded and stored on online cloud storage site (Google drive, box…) with a sharable link;
Photographer/videographer will visit and produce materials at four project locations in Gaziantep, Kilis, and Hatay provinces
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Photographer/videographer with a demonstrated experience in capturing work in humanitarian and transitional settings;
- Demonstrated experience in photography and videography with an extensive portfolio;
- Knowledge of photo and video editing;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An interest in humanitarian, development, and related issues;
- Ownership or possession of a high-resolution digital camera and any other necessary equipment to produce high-quality deliverables is a must.
All information pertaining to this project (audio, digital, cyber, project documents, etc.) belonging to the client, which the Consultant may come into contact within the performance of his/her duties under this consultancy shall remain the property of RI who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever form without written permission of RI.
Contractual Arrangements and Supervision
Within the agreed period, the Consultant will be hired under RI terms of contract and supervised by RI solely for delivering the above outputs. RI as the client shall provide necessary support to the Consultant in order to execute the assignment during the duration of the consultancy. These shall include:
- Access to relevant project sites necessary for execution of the duties under this consultancy;
- Contact details of relevant people to be interviewed.
Equipment for the Assignment
No equipment will be purchased or provided by RI. Any equipment needed to complete this assignment will be provided by the consultant.
- Payment will be released upon RI’s acceptance of the deliverables.
- No accommodation, interpretation, transportation (including transportation to and from project locations within and between cities), per diem or any other kind of allowances are covered; these should be included in the Consultant’s rate.
- The consultant’s payment shall be based on the financial proposal developed for this consultancy.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, work plan, financial proposal, portfolio and/or samples of past works by 21 January 2022 via email to email@example.com with the subject line: RI Photo/Videographer Consultant.
The deadline for submission of the application is 21 January 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We might close it earlier if the right consultant is identified.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All RI staff, volunteers, and interns must adhere and respect this values
- All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
RI TURKEY CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Relief International Turkey (“RI Turkey”) as a data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5/f processing of data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject." RI Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone, references, and CV/resume personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published RI Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/resume to RI Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, RI Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with RI Turkey.
You may submit your requests to RI Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communique on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
For more information please click here.