Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Qah, Idlib , the Team Leader is under the line management of the PHC Medical manager, S/he will lead and supervise the health team in PHCC.
- Essential duties
- Staff management
- Other related tasks
- Essential duties
- To manage the day to day activities in the Primary Health Care Clinic
- To perform Consultations: provide health care and emergency treatment for the patients in PHCC
- In collaboration with the Nurse, provide regular health education to patients on diagnosis, treatment and medication (if prescribed).
- To follow up the filling of patient’s file
- Gathering Morbidity charts, tally sheets and other requested issue, sure it is right, and filling it electronic to hand it on time to direct line or to technical medical team
- Inform EWARN team about any Alert cases; provide them with weekly report about EWARN cases. And inform the line manager about all the communications done with EWARN
- Validate Drug MO requested by his/her pharmacist assistant in the clinic
- Request the Logistic MO for his/her clinic, daily running cost and send it to Log officer NI and His/her direct line.
- To ensure patient confidentiality is respected (Patient files/charts locked in cabinet)
- Responsible of the correct filling of the attendance sheet for his/her team.
- To implement PHC protocols according to internationally accepted/DDD standards, with a focus on controlling communicable diseases and rational use of antibiotics
- validate the staffs leaves in his/her clinic and request daily workers in coordination with admin officer Qah to request the daily worker if needed
- Responsible of making the annual evaluation of the staff in his/her clinic with support of medical manager NI and medical supervisor.
- Any other task requested by direct line.
- You are the direct interlocutor of DDD towards the local community, for all issues related to your medical clinic.
- You participate actively to team leaders meeting.
- Staff management
- Define your HR needs, recruit, train and supervise your team members;
- Ensure strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation by your team members;
- Define with your team members its action plan and deadlines for reaching goals.
- Conduct bimonthly team meeting and weekly individual meeting;
- Ensure formal feedback towards your team about any issues raised by them.
- Ensure conflict resolution within your team with support of your Line-Manager and HR Department.
- Provide regular reporting on your activities to your Line-Manager upon his/her solicitation;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Medical doctor certificate
- one year of Management medical position with other NGOs
- Required: Arabic, English (oral and written)
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
Intellectual & Physical
- Good communication skills
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 08/12/2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-İZMİR
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR - İZMİR
- MEDICAL SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- TRANSLATOR - ISTANBUL
- PROJECT REGISTRAR - SULTANGAZİ
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR-ISTANBUL
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT OFFICER-FATİH
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-FATİH
- PROJECT PSS COUNSELLOR - ANTAKYA
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR-ANTAKYA
- PROJECT PHC OFFICER-FATİH
- SENIOR FINANCE COORDINATOR-İSTANBUL