Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Qah, Idlib Governorate, the Pharmacist supervisor is under the line management of the Program Medical Manager and technically to the Pharmacist Manager.
- Stock management
- Team management
- Need Request Process
- Other related tasks
- Stock management
- Managing the medical stock using specific tools (Saga stock).
- Data entry of consumption sheets on weekly basis and closely follow up the available stock in warehouse and clinics.
- Closely follow up the threshold stock in the warehouse and alert medical manager Syria.
- In charge of the monthly medical inventory (physical counts). Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Ensure that the pharmacy refrigerator, warehouse monitoring devices (thermometer, log tag, others) are functioning properly, and alert the logistics if there is any problem.
- By delegation of the pharmacy manager can be in link with the supplier for technical questions.
- Preparing the Medical Kits/shipments in the warehouse and coordinating with relevant Medical referent partners as well as logistics team to deliver the supplies to the partners.
- Data entry of shipments done to the partners. Sharing the shipments details with the Medical referent of the partners.
- Team management
- Manage and supervise pharmacists, pharmacist assistants, warehouse supervisor, and warehouse assistant.
- Regular supervision visits to the warehouses and clinics
- Identify the training needs of the pharma team, conduct the trainings, follow up and evaluations.
- Train the staff directly in the field, when it is necessary
- Evaluate the competency of the pharma team based in the warehouse and the clinics and build their capacity accordingly with the support and guidance of the pharmacy manager.
- Implement Monthly staff meetings for the pharma team.
- Participate in the recruitment process of the pharmacist assistants.
- Report any HR issues to the medical manager Syria.
- Need requests process
- Whenever requested, support Medical Referent-Partners by providing technical feedback on each item requested by partners.
- Comparing the needs requests with DDD standard lists and highlighting the technical issues.
- Maintaining track record of partners/health facilities needs requests and analysing the monthly needs.
- Identify and provide trainings on pharmacy management to DDD pharma partners’ team if needed.
- Identify and provide trainings on pharmacy management to partners pharma team in coordination with medical manager partners
- Follow up on the trainings provided and provide feedback to the partners and Medical manager NI and Syria.
- Providing weekly update to the team during program meetings.
- Providing reports on supervision visits.
- Submitting monthly report in terms of detailed items (shipments, consumption) to the Medical manager Syria.
- Working closely with Pharmacist Manager (mission level) to maintain a global record of shipments and consumptions
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Keep DDD team informed on any issues related to logistics or pharmacy.
- Report any security related issues to the field Coordinator
- Supporting operational organization of field trips and DDD programs/activities
- Translate verbally and by written when necessary.
- Participate to internal meetings.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Certified Pharmacy degree
- Three years as pharmacist with NGOs
- One year of pharmacy management with NGOs
- Required: Arabic and English (oral and written)
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 17.11.2019
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-İZMİR
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR - İZMİR
- MEDICAL SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- TRANSLATOR - ISTANBUL
- PROJECT REGISTRAR - SULTANGAZİ
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR-ISTANBUL
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT OFFICER-FATİH
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-FATİH
- PROJECT PSS COUNSELLOR - ANTAKYA
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR-ANTAKYA
- PROJECT PHC OFFICER-FATİH
- SENIOR FINANCE COORDINATOR-İSTANBUL