Peace Education Facilitator (Ref: 2309GZTP11)
|Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (Basmeh and Zeitooneh)
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )
Job code: 2309GZTP11
Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği GvZ (Basmeh and Zeitooneh) is a non-governmental, non-profit civil society organization that has been supporting the most marginalized, desperate, and affected people since 2014. From the beginning, GvZ believes that its role is to create ways to empower those affected by developing their skills and reviving their sense of humanity and dignity. Through its community centers, GvZ provides women, youth, and marginalized groups with various humanitarian services such as relief aid, protection, education programs, and communication with other humanitarian actors on advocating for essential issues to bring to light. To this end, GvZ strives to continue honing people's skills to participate in peacebuilding and actively advocate for a democracy that reflects a diverse and socially connected society.
The facilitator will be responsible for implementing peace education sessions in Gaziantep with a group of children and youths from different backgrounds with high quality, including all preparatory, admin, logistical, and reporting tasks.
- Outreach to children and youths in the area of implementation
- Data entry and attendance tracking as well as directly communicating with caregivers as well as staff from partner organizations.
- Preparing for the peace education sessions of the group ahead of time.
- Implementing peace education activities based on the participant’s ages, and situation and according to GvZ’s peace education curriculum.
- Positively interact with children and youths and encourage them to express their feelings, needs, and stories ensuring their safety.
- Participating in internal weekly meetings regarding the activities of the project; challenges, progress, successes, and lessons learned.
- Collecting and reporting all information relative to the activities to the Project Manager.
- Following up with the children and youths and their parents, by communicating with them to ensure that they do not forget their sessions and attend regularly.
- Under the guidance of the project manager and the M&E officer, conducting participatory monitoring activities to collect participants’ feedback and opinions on the quality of the sessions and the impact of the project.
- Communicating clear and relevant information regarding the sessions to achieve the target sessions and the impact.
- Make sure to always have all materials available for the activities and ensure that the materials are securely stored.
- Participating in the trainings, seminars, and workshops organized by GvZ and external actors.
4. Education & Experience
- Degree in (attained or in the process of attaining) Psychology, Social Work, or related fields.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in working directly with children and youths in psycho-social support, peacebuilding, or related activities.
- Knowledge of how to deal with individuals from different backgrounds and with opposing views.
- Knowledge about and familiarity with the context of the area of implementation (Gaziantep) particularly children and youths’ needs.
5. Competencies:(Key Skills, Behaviors , Miscellaneous and Knowledge):
Key Performance Indicators:
- Preparations of Sessions (Materials, schedule ….)
- Quality of sessions
- Collaboration between the team members.
- Respect the rules of work and follow policies.
- Focusing on the needs of vulnerable people.
- Cultural awareness.
- Confidence, drive, and fast learner.
- Work with a team (good communication skills)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong personality
- Promoting a non-violent and peaceful environment at work
- Contributing to the growth of GvZ
- Provide positive contributions to GvZ’s community center
8. Application Process:
If you meet the required qualifications and conditions, we kindly request you to submit your electronic application including your CV through the following link: Application Form. or by clicking on the Application button above.
The deadline for submitting applications is before 19.12.2023.
GvZ is an equal opportunity employer. Women and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Although the advertisement is still in progress, we are eager to kickstart the selection process. Therefore, we encourage interested candidates to submit their CVs promptly as we will begin reviewing applications and conducting interviews in advance. Early submissions are highly encouraged to ensure consideration for this opportunity.
For inquiries about this application process, please contact email@example.com
Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (Basmeh and Zeitooneh)
Through its community centers, GvZ offers a wide range of humanitarian services to women, youth, and marginalized groups, including relief aid, protection, educational programs, and collaboration with other humanitarian entities to advocate for critical issues. GvZ's primary goal is to enhance the capabilities of Syrians, enabling them to actively engage in the peacebuilding process and advocate for a diverse yet socially cohesive democratic society in Syria.