Position: Part-time Office Doctor (Medical)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reports to: Senior Human Resources Manager
Type of Employment: Part-time
- Required to work, 3 days per week 2 hours on each day = 6 hours per week, 24 hours / month
Global Communities’ Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is responding directly in Syria, intensifying GC’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This is being carried out through an approach to programming where projects focus on the sustainability rather than relief delivery. Global Communities (GC) is a fully registered organization in Turkey and currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Turkey.
Global Communities is looking for a part-time medical office doctor who has a workplace doctor certificate authorized by the Ministry of Health to work in the field of occupational health and safety at our Gaziantep office.
Part-time Office Doctor will be responsible for the following;
- Advise management and implement all the official requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Law in Turkey at Global Communities Gaziantep office,
- Examine employees when they feel sick and if needed prescribe the relevant medications or refer them to hospital for further medical crosscheck and/or treatment. Follow up the reported cases accordingly until the staff turns back to work safely,
- Advise the management and implement the actions required by the law for prevention measures from Covid-19 outbreak at work place. Follow up the reported cases accordingly until the staff turns back to work safely,
- Provide necessary online or in person hygiene trainings to all staff, in order to increase staff awareness,
- Act as the focal point for work place accidents, report and monitor staff health to prevent any possible incident,
- Advise the management and implement the actions required to improve the well-being of the employees in the workplace,
- Tracking all employee health records at the start and during the employment which will be submitted by the staff, where all the requirements and implementations should be in line with Personal Data Protection Law, Turkey,
- Making sure that all employee health records are kept safe and confidential at all times.
Education and Language
- University/ Bachelor’s degree in Medicine is required,
- Workplace doctor certificate authorized by the Ministry of Health to work in the field of occupational health and safety,
- Master degree will be an asset,
- Native Turkish speaker and proficiency level of English is required,
- Knowing Arabic will be an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience is required,
- Master degree on a relevant subject may be considered as equivalent of 1-year work experience,
- Experience in NGO sector will be an asset.
Technical & Interpersonal Skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages,
- Attention to detail,
- Time management and prioritization skills,
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously,
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment,
- Ability to solve problems with all actors,
- Skills in database management and record keeping,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer. As an international humanitarian organization we highly respect and value diversity and ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration solely based on required experience and capabilities regardless of their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religion, disability or marital status. All Global Communities employees, regardless of their position, are prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination, harassment, exploitation or abuse (physical, sexual, emotional or verbal), or in any other way breach the rights of others to thrive in a safe and supportive environment.
We consider Humanitarian Principles as an integral part of our relief and humanitarian work across the globe and are fully committed to promoting the recognition of human rights, especially the safeguarding of children, women, and adults at risk. We believe we are accountable to those in the communities we serve, and as such, it is our responsibility to ensure that, we as an organization, must not contribute in any way to harming or exposing those communities to further risk. Global Communities applies zero tolerance to any act of exploitation, abuse, harassment and discrimination in every aspect of its work.
Therefore, as part of our recruitment process, a range of pre-employment checks/screenings will be conducted in conformity with Global Communities’ Safeguarding Policies.
Level of contact with children for this position
- Global Communities does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
We envision a world where everyone has the freedom, means and ability to live and prosper with dignity.
Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
About Global Communities
We don’t tell the community what to do, they tell us.
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself.
We make a difference by engaging with communities, governments, the private sector, and NGOs as partners for good—bringing together complementary strengths and shared responsibilities to work toward common goals.
Global Communities has existed for more than 60 years. Until 2012, we were known as CHF International and, before that, the Cooperative Housing Foundation. We are a non-profit organization.
What distinguishes our work?
The power of what we do lies in our ability to develop relationships that put the people of the community at the forefront of their own development. Enriched by the ability to build trust and understanding, it is our heartfelt focus on community and partnership that distinguishes our work.
Global Communities currently works in more than 20 countries around the world in Africa, Asia, Europe & the Caucasus, Latin America & the Caribbean and the Middle East.