Part-Time Finance and Administration Assistant
|NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTE||Ankara|
|Adminstrative and Finance Assistant||Non-profit|
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )|
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) Turkey office seeks a Part-Time Finance and Administration Assistant for its Ankara office. The assistant will assist Sr. Finance and Admin Officer on finance and administrative tasks.
Please see the Job Description below for more detail on the responsibilities and qualifications. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and references in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance and Administration Assistant” in the subject line by 7 April 2023. Please limit your cover letter to an explanation of why your experience is relevant to this role.
The personal data included in your resume/CV, sent by you via email, shall be processed by the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs Turkey Representation Office for the limited purposes of management of the recruitment process, and this data may be transferred to the Headquarters in the USA.
We will email you a link for a privacy notice and consent form subsequent to receiving your application in an email. We request that you carefully read and approve the privacy notice and consent form sent to you.
Please send your requests relating to the right of the data subject as prescribed in article 11 of Law on the Protection of Personal Data Numbered 6698, to us via email@example.com.
Tarafınızca özgeçmişinizi e-posta üzerinden bize iletmeniz yoluyla işlenen kişisel verileriniz, Uluslararası İlişkiler İçin Ulusal Demokratik EnstitüsüTürkiye Temsilciliği tarafından işe alım sürecini yönetmek amacıyla sınırlı olarak işlenecektir ve ABD’de bulunan Merkez ofise aktarılabilir.
Başvurunuzu e-posta olarak tarafımıza ilettikten sonra, kişisel verileriniz ile ilgili aydınlatma metni ve rıza beyanı link olarak e-posta adresinize gönderilecektir. Aydınlatma metni ve rıza beyanını dikaktlice okuyarak onaylamanızı rica ederiz.
Bu konuda 6698 sayılı Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanununun ilgili kişinin haklarını düzenleyen 11’inci maddesi kapsamındaki taleplerinizi, firstname.lastname@example.org üzerinden tarafımıza iletebilirsiniz.
TITLE: Part-time Finance and Administration Assistant
CLOSING DATE: 07 April 2023
PROGRAM: Local Civic Engagement
Finance Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Senior Finance Officer maintenance of finance systems and implementation of all procedures and control mechanisms.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer in preparing documents for monthly reconciliations.
- Preparing all kinds of forms related to accounting e.g. vouchers, expense log, note of expense (Gider Pusulası) etc.
- Manage archiving system for finance and administrative documents for both physical and digital archiving.
- Upload all scanned documents to Google Drive, and organize the files in logical sequence for easier future reference, paying attention to the transaction numbers assigned
- Update tracker sheets of financial and administrative procedures in Google Drive regularly
- Prepare lodging forms for hotels, make sure hotel invoices are presented in proper form and received on time
- Prepare per diem and travel reimbursement forms for seminar participants and NDI personnel
- Other financial duties, as instructed by the Senior Finance & Admin Officer.
- Assist Senior Finance and Admin Officer overall administrative activities such as maintenance, mailing, procurement of supplies, equipment, preparations of bills
- Organize and coordinate the NDI Turkey quarterly meetings and any other meetings in-person, such as arrangement of meeting hall, projection, catering, etc.
- Provide support for staff and program participant travel forms and processes, such as travel itineraries, travel authorization form (TA form), flight/bus tickets, hotel reservations, airport transfers, collection of receipts, etc.
- Coordinate with Finance and Admin officer all procurement processes for programs and office operations, with following NDI procurement policy
- Make necessary visits to legal authorities for submission of legal documents, such as appendix 4 and appendix 8 forms.
- Assist in the accurate and timely completion and tracking of documentation for personnel files. Upload scanned documents to Google Drive
- Other administrative duties, as instructed by Senior Finance & Admin Officer.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in economic, business administration or other administrative science at a recognized college or university
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in finance/admin assistance; experience in international non-governmental organizations is an asset
- Turkish citizenship
- Fluent in Turkish, excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, experience with finance software is an asset
- Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Turkish financial and accounting procedures is an asset
- Ability to travel to locations in Turkey
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, international personnel, and administrative, logistical and operational contacts
NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTE
Based in Ankara since 1997, NDI's Turkey-focused programs have supported strengthening Turkey’s democratic processes, helping to encourage transparency in decision-making and fostering opportunities for citizen input and consultation.
The Institute has engaged a diverse range of participants through its programs, including members of parliament (MPs) and committee chairs, ministers, political party officials and municipal and provincial government officials, as well as representatives from civil society organizations, media, think tanks and academia.