Vacancy Notice Number:
On Call Project Assistant (ECM)
Deadline of Applications:
23 September 2019
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant. The incumbent will be responsible for ECM Project data entry at IOM Portal in line with IOM policies, standards and commitments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer quantitative and qualitative data for IOM projects during activity, process, post assistance and outcome monitoring and recording beneficiary responses as instructed.
- Entering Data of ECM Project in IOM Portal and verify the entered information
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
- Conduct initial data quality review before submission the data to the Senior Protection Assistant.
- Ensure that appropriate tools are used for data entry and documentation through verification.
- Providing data ECM Yearly/Monthly data analysis as per request.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in International Relations, Social Science, Information Management, or in a related field from an accredited academic institution, with one of relevant professional experience; or;
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Protection work, and Data collection/entry and mechanism is an asset
- Previous experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection or relevant field experience.
- Fluency in English and Turkish. Arabic knowledge will be considered as an advantage.
- Proven ability to consolidate and validate information from multiple sources;
- Knowledge in advance excel, and statistical analysis, preferred;
- Communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with beneficiaries;
- Ability to set priorities and undertake new tasks quickly;
- Good understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation;
- Intercultural understanding, sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to manage self under pressure and stress, and maintain ethical and professional conduct;
- Strives to achieve high quality work and outcomes; analyses and finds creative solutions to problems.
- English and Turkish (Fluent)
- Arabic (advantageous)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of e-mail by the end of 23 September 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Project Assistant (Social Work)
- Legal Expert
- Feasibility/Cost Analysis Expert
- Senior Project Assistant (Shelter and WASH)
- Finance Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Senior Project Assistant (CCCM)
- National Logistics / Procurement Officer
- On call Special Education Facilitator
- National Officer (Protection Psychosocial Support)