Vacancy Notice Number:
National Procurement Officer
Gaziantep – Türkiye
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (NOA) – with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
11 October 2022
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Logistics / Procurement Officer in Ankara, and under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer in Gaziantep, the successful candidate will be responsible the following tasks:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and overseeing Logistics and Procurement actions within Gaziantep, including property and assets control, supply, and contractual agreements for goods, services and maintenance.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and monitor aspects related to procurement and logistics needs in Gaziantep office.
- Liaise with the Procurement Officer and procurement units in the field offices regarding all Procurement, Logistics and service requirements, consolidate overall procurement (or service) requirements and optimize purchasing power, propose and implement strategic adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all Logistics and Procurement procedures.
- Analyse procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor's performance regarding quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization’s best interests and donor mandates.
- Properly process all procurement transactions in accordance to IOM procurement rules and regulations as well as in line to the mission’s procurement permanent instructions.
- Monitor tendering and bidding documents for the mission’s needs, issuing calls for proposals, oversee bidding processes, solicit bids and quotations, participate in the evaluation and selection of vendors, confirm terms of payment and finalize contractual terms. Support all procurement transactions and analyse them for conformity with specified requirements.
- Ensure sourcing and collecting proper and valid credentials, and any other supporting documents, needed to accredit vendors/contractors before any contractual actions being taken.
- Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep project managers and other requisitioner abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
- Ensure that the “Goods Receipt Notes” are acknowledged by the Requisitioner when the services/works are rendered and/or the goods are received, before processing the respective payment.
- Ensure all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) are encoded into PRISM FI accurately and timely; properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system.
- Create and maintain the database of vendors and contractors’ accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool of reliable service providers to address the needs of the Mission.
- Undertake asset disposals by coordination with CAS in MAC and ensure appropriate records are kept in the file including the duly signed Deed of Donations.
- Establish and maintain service agreements and LTAs with competent vendors, when it is feasible and determined to be cost effectiveness.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department on accounting requirements concerning payment procedures, WBSs, accounts closure, vendors’ accounts, advance payments, etc.
- Establish and maintain lease agreements with landlords, with negotiated contractual terms.
- Follow up on open PRs/POs, beneficiary assets and unposted assets on monthly basis for the entire mission.
- Monitor and check the local markets for the prices and product updates.
- Archiving system update and management with proper labels. Ensure that all procurement files are accurately documented and arranged for secure and systematic filing of all logistics related documents, POs, contracts, lease agreement, LTAs, etc.
- Manage, train and supervise staff dedicated to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government organizations in a multi-cultural setting, not less than three (3) years;
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Good level of computer literacy, including database applications; and,
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities;
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability, and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
- Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
- Delivering results:
- Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
- Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions, and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
- Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
- Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
- Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
- Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
- Listens and seeks to understand without bias and responds appropriately.
- Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others' views and ideas and respects their contribution.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Assigns responsibilities fairly and manages performance, taking account of individual strengths, workloads and interests.
- Is inclusive in decision-making and actively seeks feedback from team members and colleagues in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Takes sound and timely managerial decisions that are consistent with the Organization's vision and purpose.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of stakeholders to understand needs and gain support.
- Empowering others and building trust:
- Delegates appropriately to make the most of others’ talents, clarifying expectations and allowing autonomy in important areas while providing necessary support.
- Encourages others to take responsibility for their performance; promotes ownership, responsibility and accountability for desired results at all levels.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence in which others can talk and act without fear of repercussion.
- Gives proper credit to others, shows appreciation and rewards achievement and effort.
- Strategic thinking and vision:
- Aligns own actions to the Organization’s vision, values and mandate.
- Translates strategic direction into short and medium-term plans and objectives for own team; revises objectives to reflect changes in organizational goals.
Identifies key issues/priorities in complex situations and how they may be related to one another.
Clearly communicates links between the Organization’s strategy and the work unit’s goals.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by the end of 11 October 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
 As applicable.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Senior Project Assistant (CS)-re-advertised
- Consultant (IT)-re-advertised
- Finance Assistant
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (CS) - re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- ICT Intern-re-advertised
- Field Security Associate
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant-re-advertised
- ICT Intern (FabLab)-re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Livelihood)-re-advertised
- Project Support Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Security Intern
- Migration Health Nurse-re-advertised