Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Assistant
|Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Assistant
About the Job
The overall purpose of the role is to be responsible for conducting Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability activities in the respective area or sub-office as per the work plan
Geographic scope: Hatay Field Office
This role has a field office focus and receives feedback from relevant stakeholders regarding the compliance of programme activities to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area of responsibility. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Monitoring and Evaluation 60%
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at either area or sub-office level
- Support the design and piloting of monitoring tools to be used during activities and assistance
- Undertake translation of monitoring tools (English to Arabic/Turkish)
- Conduct field visits to the protection centres, livelihood centres, community centres and beneficiaries’ houses (where possible) and report
- Facilitate KII and FGDs with beneficiaries and report accordingly
- Closely work with MEAL Officers and MEAL Manager and contribute to the monthly, quarterly and regular reporting commitments.
- Undertake data analysis (including data visualization) and produce reports accordingly in collaboration with MEAL Officers
- Undertake data entry for monitoring and distributions
Accountability and Learning 40%
- Respond to DRC Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanism (FCRM) Hotline and WhatsApp calls and messages on daily bases, record them and report through digitalized system timely respecting confidentiality and safety of all parties
- Organize awareness-raising sessions about FCRM and DRC’s accountability principles to beneficiaries in training events, gatherings, and bilateral meetings (in-person and online)
- Disseminate information about DRC FCRM using posters, visit cards, brochures, etc. to the public by any means possible in the training centers, offices, partner offices, online platforms, etc.
- Contribute to information-sharing meetings with MEAL Officers to present monitoring findings, complaint and feedback summary and evaluation learnings.
- Follow up with the MEAL Manager, CoC focal points and relevant program staff to respond to the recorded complaints timely
To be successful in this role, you must have bachelor's degree in social science, statistics or relevant fields
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Required experience and competencies
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English and Arabic
- Working familiarity with MS Office Package especially (MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint)
- Turkish Language skill (speaking and writing) is highly preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in monitoring and evaluation or similar fields with local or international humanitarian organizations is highly preferred
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 1 Year (renewable dependent on both funding and performance)
Employment Band: I
Designation of Duty Station: Hatay
Start date: 03.07.2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 04.06.2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, DRC reserves the right of conducting tests and interviews before the closing date, and can close the advertisement earlier in case of finding a suitable candidate.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Please click here to see the Data Protection