Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Mececins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Jindires, the Midwife Assistant reports to the Midwife.
The Midwife assistant helps in assisting the midwife to implements activities related to sexual and reproductive health in DDD Clinics.
- To share in consultations in Sexual and Reproductive Health unit
- Assist the midwife in Antenatal consultations
- Assist the midwife Post-partum consultations
- Assist the midwife Family planning
- Assist the midwife Health education
- Assist the midwife Referral any abnormal cases to OB/GYN .
- S/he will be responsible of quality of consultations:
- Assist the midwife Performs test if required and available
- Assist the midwife Records vital sign
- Assist the midwife Documents in a proper way patients file
- Assist the midwife Distribute drugs to the patients deterred by direct manager
- Assist the midwife to follow DDD and international standard protocols
- Assist the midwife to refer to OBGYN for antenatal ultrasound or any sick woman
- Assist the midwife to refer to OBGYN complicated cases or refer to hospital if required.
MANAGEMENT, ORGANIZATION OF THE CENTER AND MONITORING PROCESS:
- Assist the midwife Drug management: realize drug and consumables orders, follow-up consumption and expiration date
- Assist the midwife Data collection on ANC, Post-Partum and Family planning consultations
- Assist the midwife Work closely with Medical supervisor NI to ensure quality of care.
- Assist the midwife to transmit the monitoring data to the Team Leader
- Assist the midwife to fill the patient file
- Assist the midwife to fill tally sheets, referral form and referral registration
- Assist the midwife AOB requested by Direct manager.
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- Midwifery recognised qualification essential
- 2 years of clinical practice as a Midwife Assistant.
- Required: Arabic
- Preferred: Turkish and English (oral and written);
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 15.12.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.